Gasnier

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
El Rifle

Gasnier

Post by El Rifle »

Watched Gasnier play on friday, if we had got him last year when he had his problems we would be in some shape. One good thing is though that DV seems to have copied his "special move" of drawing in two defenders and offloading out the back to the winger.
Buts its amazing how many tries a winger will get as a result of a good centre - Colin Best (former hull) was playing outside gasnier on friday, but you could have stick Maurice Lindsay outside him and he would have scored a few tries!
ChrisA

Re: Gasnier

Post by ChrisA »

El Rifle posted:
Watched Gasnier play on friday, if we had got him last year when he had his problems we would be in some shape. One good thing is though that DV seems to have copied his "special move" of drawing in two defenders and offloading out the back to the winger.
Buts its amazing how many tries a winger will get as a result of a good centre - Colin Best (former hull) was playing outside gasnier on friday, but you could have stick Maurice Lindsay outside him and he would have scored a few tries!
It's not amazing how many tries a winger will score outside a good centre, its part of their job to make space and create opportunities for their winger, it may seem amazing to you because it doesnt happen at Wigan, we have Wild and Aspy who couldnt make space for a flea to get through, and Dave V has been injured quite abit, you look at Gasnier and Lyon or Talau or Gleeson and you see what a centres job is about, then you look at our bunch and you can see why we struggle to score tries this year. Then you get people defending them saying they are young and give them time, thing is that Gasnier and Lyon are of a similar age to Wild and Aspy and they are both in a diferent league skill wise.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Did I quote you ? ask yourself that before getting all defensive on me. I was refering to this comment made by El Rifle, I dont find it amazing, and I am well within my rights to say so, and explain why I think what I do.
El Rifle posted:
Buts its amazing how many tries a winger will get as a result of a good centre
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

ChrisA posted:
Did I quote you ? ask yourself that before getting all defensive on me.
To be fair though you do often talk like you are superior and everyone else is thick.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Explain to me how that post makes it look like I think I'm superior. He made a comment and I disagreed, I explained why I disagreed, what more do you want me to do ?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

ChrisA posted:
...Dave V has been injured quite abit, you look at Gasnier and Lyon or Talau or Gleeson and you see what a centres job is about, then you look at our bunch and you can see why we struggle to score tries this year.
Agreed that our wingers haven't been fed well this seasonm from the centres, but Vaealiki has only missed 8 games. I really can't share the excitement of Vaealiki, he has provided space for Dallas to score two tries, once against Hull away and once at the JJB (I forget the game). The Hull was more good running from Dallas who squeezed into a little gap to get over after a nice back handed pass from DV. Are you really impressed by his overall game though, his work rate? He rarely runs from dummy half, he's usually hiding on the other side of the field, he shows no urgency and half the time his head is facing the floor.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

ChrisA posted:
Explain to me how that post makes it look like I think I'm superior. He made a comment and I disagreed, I explained why I disagreed, what more do you want me to do ?
Nowt worth arguing over Chris, just an overall observation from quite a few comments you've made.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

robjoenz posted:
ChrisA posted:
Nowt worth arguing over Chris, just an overall observation from quite a few comments you've made.
Just dont take me the wrong way, and dont take me serious, I dont try to undermine people or tell them they are wrong in their oppinion, well I try not to anyway. If I contradict someone or disagree with somebody I will always explain why. :conf: .
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

And back to the thread!!!!
I had a lively debate with a few people over the Gasnier vs Lyon and the consensus was Lyon was better, my opinion is that the Wigan and Hull centres kept him quiet i dont think that they could do this to Gasnier he would rip them apart.The thread went that Lyon started/created more where as Gasnier was a finisher i disagree i have seen him score four trys this year that he created himself including the layoffs for his teammates.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Thats sooo true but as i remember it he didnt want to leave Aus or SG so it isnt gonna happen,damm shame in my book.