Marketing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pieeater

Marketing

Post by pieeater »

Why is the marketing at Wigan so understated? We are by far the best rugby league team ever and have very little in the way of razzamatazz, and are miles behind say Bradford in terms of clothing and accessories for the fans - we deserve better
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bilko

To quote.......

Post by Bilko »

......Warriors Community Development Manager Mick Hannan at a recent Riversiders meeting after being asked about marketing.

"The club does not have a marketing department".

Need I say more? It's understated because either the club can't afford to market themselves or aren't interested in doing so.
Pie Eyed

"Marketing"

Post by Pie Eyed »

Wigan RLFC HAD a marketing dept, as Maurice/Dave employed a lady to do this for us.

However. Within ONE WEEK, she had been moved over to the SALES team.

Just goes to show you where the priorities are --- MONEY, MONEY and MONEY in that order.

Mo & Whelan wouldn't know marketing if it jumped up and bit them on the Iestyn Harris.
pieeater

Marketing

Post by pieeater »

Surely good marketing generates more money, if it's done properly - they must realise there is a market to make money if someone would get up and do something about it - meanwhile, the fans lose out as usual
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
PD

Where are the fans

Post by PD »

OK so total lack of marketing is harming Wigan RL's quality/quanty of fans,but this article would seem to suggest that the problem is more widespread.

http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticle.a ... eID=232162

SOMEONE at sporting club Wigan needs to get off their arse !!
Just another Wigan fan
kitt green warriors

Re: Where are the fans

Post by kitt green warriors »

this is how bored I am. looking through old posts but oh how times have changed, miles behind Bratfud, look at us now, we have got to be the best marketed club in the league, TV etc
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
Kittwazzer

Re: Where are the fans

Post by Kittwazzer »

kitt green warriors wrote:this is how bored I am. looking through old posts
Not quite, you skipped straight to 'last' page and the days when Mike was largely talking to himself! :lol:
Got to agree its good fun though. Especially the dark years of 2005/2006 comparing them to what we have now! :D
ancientnloyal

Re: Marketing

Post by ancientnloyal »

At that time it was all funnelling through JJB stores and the shhhhhhhhhhht Hilton Street store which wasn't merchandised correctly to start with. All monies to Dave Whelan it was... Times have changed for the better and I feel Uncle Mo was restricted from doing marketing in a different way to what it was back then.

We're on the right track we're the best in the sport currently and we're well placed to remain so. Technological advances such as the internet have helped also, even down to things such as video interviews, podcasts,interactive ticketing... take a quick look at Wire, Saints or Leeds - nobody comes close to our club website, and thats for starters.

btw - a juicy post from 822nd October 2002 by someone with the username 'Guy benest' (who thinks of these names) regarding a pc glitch
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame