George Burgess

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
old hooker
Posts: 1922
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: George Burgess

Post by old hooker » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:54 am

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:02 am
If these signings come to fruition then stay away fans cannot gripe. I expect them to put their money where there mouth is.
I agree with what you say but signings like this are long overdue, if of course Burgess and French do sign.

Caboosegg
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: George Burgess

Post by Caboosegg » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:49 am

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:02 am
If these signings come to fruition then stay away fans cannot gripe. I expect them to put their money where there mouth is.
No they will just find a new reason to stay away.
The Turkeys voted for Christmas.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices

George Orwell

Levrier
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Re: George Burgess

Post by Levrier » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:07 am

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:02 am
If these signings come to fruition then stay away fans cannot gripe. I expect them to put their money where there mouth is.
Do not be silly. We moan whatever the situation is.😤 We will just have to moan about something else. It is the way for RL fans.

Cherry_Warrior
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:04 am

Re: George Burgess

Post by Cherry_Warrior » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:55 am

Have to come back on just to post on this. If we snare these signings i will be frog marching down to the ticket office for my season ticket. Not had one for 3 years and selected my games as per want as i saw the club as looking to do things on the cheap and constantly not replacing quality players, drug problems, player problems, etc etc. My faith in the club will be partly restored and these building blocks bode well for the future after a turbulent few years between the club and the fans. Parity needs restoring and the club making a statement of this magnitude will certainly improve this. Money for me is very difficult to come by after all my bills come out but will happily make a bigger effort. Talking on whatsapp to my rugby mates, we are already planning next seasons away days (dates permitting) and have missed Huddersfield away. Good boozers.

Exiled Wiganer
Posts: 1953
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:18 pm

Re: George Burgess

Post by Exiled Wiganer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:01 pm

Great to read that. Burgess would be the first statement of intent signing I can think of since Barrett.

bertina
Posts: 641
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:29 pm

Re: George Burgess

Post by bertina » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:57 pm

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:02 am
If these signings come to fruition then stay away fans cannot gripe. I expect them to put their money where there mouth is.
You’re 100% right SEFC, but don’t hold your breath.
Too many keyboard warriors, and finding something to moan about is always easy.

User avatar
wall_of_voodoo
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am

Re: George Burgess

Post by wall_of_voodoo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:10 pm

bertina wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:57 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:02 am
If these signings come to fruition then stay away fans cannot gripe. I expect them to put their money where there mouth is.
You’re 100% right SEFC, but don’t hold your breath.
Too many keyboard warriors, and finding something to moan about is always easy.
The irony. Someone moaning about fans moaning

Now if fans at Hull or Salford or Warrington etc etc didn't "moan" you might have a point

Btw I DO put my money where my mouth is and have had a season ticket since the mid 80's

This signing (if it comes off) is about time and starts to show a real statement of intent that the club still aims to sign the best and pay for them. Something I think every fans, whichever side of the fence you sit on, must agree has not exactly been the case over the last few years irrespective of claims we spend to the cap
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:

User avatar
jaws1
Posts: 2746
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:43 pm
Contact:

Re: George Burgess

Post by jaws1 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Got told by some one in the know that we have signed Burgess but he is not sure about French .

shaunedwardsfanclub
Posts: 6108
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Re: George Burgess

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:54 am

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:10 pm
bertina wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:57 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:02 am
If these signings come to fruition then stay away fans cannot gripe. I expect them to put their money where there mouth is.
You’re 100% right SEFC, but don’t hold your breath.
Too many keyboard warriors, and finding something to moan about is always easy.
The irony. Someone moaning about fans moaning

Now if fans at Hull or Salford or Warrington etc etc didn't "moan" you might have a point

Btw I DO put my money where my mouth is and have had a season ticket since the mid 80's

This signing (if it comes off) is about time and starts to show a real statement of intent that the club still aims to sign the best and pay for them. Something I think every fans, whichever side of the fence you sit on, must agree has not exactly been the case over the last few years irrespective of claims we spend to the cap
My comment is not about you WoV it is about those who have used the lack of quality of signings as an excuse to criticise the owner and not back the club financially. I have criticised IFL but if the recruitment comes to fruition then that argument falls. If we want a successful team then we have got to support it.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards

User avatar
wall_of_voodoo
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am

Re: George Burgess

Post by wall_of_voodoo » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:23 am

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:54 am
wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:10 pm
bertina wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:57 pm

You’re 100% right SEFC, but don’t hold your breath.
Too many keyboard warriors, and finding something to moan about is always easy.
The irony. Someone moaning about fans moaning

Now if fans at Hull or Salford or Warrington etc etc didn't "moan" you might have a point

Btw I DO put my money where my mouth is and have had a season ticket since the mid 80's

This signing (if it comes off) is about time and starts to show a real statement of intent that the club still aims to sign the best and pay for them. Something I think every fans, whichever side of the fence you sit on, must agree has not exactly been the case over the last few years irrespective of claims we spend to the cap
My comment is not about you WoV it is about those who have used the lack of quality of signings as an excuse to criticise the owner and not back the club financially. I have criticised IFL but if the recruitment comes to fruition then that argument falls. If we want a successful team then we have got to support it.
I realize that sefc.

It was just the poster used part of your original post as justification to their own agenda with regards to Wigan fans and it "irks", because I do not think there would be one single Wigan fan complaining about this if it happens. Everything that has been said is exactly that. Provides the link between the ageing props of Flower and Clubb for Partington and Byrne to develop alongside. Adds massive size and power to our middle and also fills a position we are desperate for. It ticks boxes all over the place so to claim that fans would "find something to moan about" this potential signing the poster I originally quoted is doing exactly that themselves - you couldn't make that up :lol:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:

Locked