TAP

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: TAP

Post by GeoffN »

I'm with you on that one, Chris...there have been a lot of people involved with the club that I haven't liked or agreed with, over the years, but it's Wigan RL that I support, irrespective of any individuals involved; whether players, coaching staff, management, owners, whatever. Even the furore over Rathbone & Robinson which led to their resignations and the sale of CP didn't affect my love for the club, so a coaching appointment certainly wont.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

GeoffN posted:
I'm with you on that one, Chris...there have been a lot of people involved with the club that I haven't liked or agreed with, over the years, but it's Wigan RL that I support, irrespective of any individuals involved; whether players, coaching staff, management, owners, whatever. Even the furore over Rathbone & Robinson which led to their resignations and the sale of CP didn't affect my love for the club, so a coaching appointment certainly wont.
Exactly Geoff, I'm glad im not alone on this, I remember when Jack Robinson was acused by the then Leeds chairman of trying to concont a story to defraud a local newspaper(which is worse than anything IM did), did I think no I cant watch Wigan anymore until this chairman is out, no I said the guys a clown and bad news for the club, but I never even contemplated stopping watching the club that I love, not to do something so pointless that only I would suffer in the long run.
What if everyone did whay Ian has done when IM took over, the club at the time was in what some would call a crisis, then add to that the thing that makes a club, the fans, they all desert the club aswel, were would we be then, that is'nt supporting a the club Ian, not in my book.

I would much sooner be sat in the ground watching the guys on the pitch doing their best for the fans, talking to people in the ground with the same attitude as me, rather than talking to a guy at work talking about how hes not going to watch the team he supports becasue he will be sat at home sulking about our new coach.
That is my idea of supporting your club, not staying away becasue you dont like the coach.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Let he who is without sin blah blah forgivenesss and all that staff
I agree. And I also think you don't have to be religious to agree with "Christian virtues" as Ian put it. So far, I've been impressed with IM, and as others have said, I support the club and go to see the team play, not the coach. Even though he's ex-Saints, I'll still back him up - unless he reveals he's an undercover agent working for McManus! :o

Wey 200th post. :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ian I have yet to meet anybody in my life who has not made mistakes. Hell, i've lost count of my own. I hated some of Millwards behaviour at Saints BUT I do know this. When there is strife and tension in any workplace, people tend to behave abysmally at times, often losing it with others. There was far more happening behind the scenes at Stains than we'll ever know. He's come to Wigan seems very happy and suprise suprise he's calm and well behaved.