Warriors win away at Trinity

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Warriors win away at Trinity

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:31 pm Didn't see the third try at the game but their first was definitely a no try!

Edit* Just watched the highlights & from the those highlights looked like Jones-Bishop's try was in touch

Yes Marshy's try from the quick tap shouldn't have been allowed, but you play to the whistle, & if it had been brought back, it would have been a penalty to us because their number 12 was offside
Gwen said the same thing,you play to the whistle,Chester moaning about it makes it worse as their defence against was terrible
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... n-warriors

These are the highlights on Sky. In real time there was no way their first was a try. I've got a guy from Wakey sending me still photos from a head on position & yeah it does look like one.
But watch the video & please give me your responses to it 😊 thanks
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Looks well when Rod Studd says the same 😂

https://twitter.com/rod_studd/status/11 ... 79776?s=21
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:48 am Looks well when Rod Studd says the same 😂

https://twitter.com/rod_studd/status/11 ... 79776?s=21
And he’s not wrong,if the Wakefield players did the job they’re paid to do and tackle him then it wouldn’t be an issue,Chester can moan all he wants but that they didn’t react is down to him and his players.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I checked this morning's paper and it says we won :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Watching the game back on Wigan TV & on about the 15th minute when Budgie was held up over the try line, Escare went for the quick tap on the 20 metre line & he wasn't on the mark either. Okay not as bad as Marshy but it wasn't brought back either 😊
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

It's very difficult watching brief highlights but I though George kicked the ball dead before a Wakefield player got there for their first try and one of Wakefield's other tries looked like it was grounded in touch. That being said, Liam Marshall's third was metres away from the spot where it should have been tapped and Zak was lucky not to get binned for that head shot while a try was being scored.
Not a great day for the officials, it would seem but second place is ours to lose and judging by all the other contenders, none of them are playing well.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I said at the ground that there player never grounded the ball...... the ref was bad for both teams and missed a lot of head high tackles....... maybe he would have performed better if he hadnt been hearing the yorkshire anthem”GERRUM ONSIDE” in his earhole all game....... had to laugh at some of there fans..... they was shouting it even before they had played the ball lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:47 am I said at the ground that there player never grounded the ball...... the ref was bad for both teams and missed a lot of head high tackles....... maybe he would have performed better if he hadnt been hearing the yorkshire anthem”GERRUM ONSIDE” in his earhole all game....... had to laugh at some of there fans..... they was shouting it even before they had played the ball lol
Where in the stands because by god that’s what I listened to all afternoon,inside,offside,cheats ref/Wigan/Faz (had a real issue with him)/hardaker.

When Sarge reacted after the high shot oh my they hit hyper drive..tha only pick on ‘t small one sarginsoon...given the lad who dropped the high shot in was hiding behind tha small one made me laugh.

I’m all for a bit of fun but hells teeth show a little balance