OPINION: 2019 DREAM TEAM

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

OPINION: 2019 DREAM TEAM

Post by josie andrews »

With the Dream Team set to be announced in the coming weeks, I’ve picked my own team, with seven St Helens player making the squad, who will be in yours?

A chance to build your own 2019 Super League Dream Team will be coming out soon, make sure you keep your eyes peeled…

Full back – Lachlan Coote
A fans favourite, with the most well-known song of the year, Lachlan Coote seamlessly replaced last year’s Man of Steel winner Ben Barba at full back for St Helens. He’s had tough competition for full back of the year though; Zak Hardaker, Niall Evalds and Stefan Ratchford have all been on form for their team.

Wing – Tommy Makinson
The 2018 Rugby League Golden Boot winner, Tommy Makinson, continued his form into the 2019 season, he’s the second top metre maker going into the final round and has scored 20 tries.

Centre – Kevin Naiqama
Kevin Naiqama joined Saints from Wests Tigers at the start of year, on his debut he scored a try against Wigan Warriors, since then, he has been an integral part of Saints’ route to the Challenge Cup Final, League Leaders’ Shield and playoffs.

Centre – Oliver Gildart
A poor start to the season for Wigan Warriors, but once they had adjusted to Adrian Lam’s new style of play, and key players had returned from injury, they have been one of the form teams in Super League and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see them lift the trophy…again.

Wing – Ratu Naulago
Ratu Naulago is the find of the season, Lee Radford took a chance to sign him and the Fijian winger has repaid Radford with 13 tries, and countless breaks leaving the opposition in his rear-view.

Scrum Half – Jonny Lomax
Jonny Lomax has pulled the strings for Saints this season in the halves, alongside Theo Fages, Lomax has assisted 21 tries and scored 16.

He’s arguably been one of the top players in Super League this season and it would be no surprise to see him shortlisted for the Man of Steel award.

Stand Off – Jackson Hastings
Like Lomax, Jackson Hastings should be one of the players nominated for the Man of Steel award, he’s been their most influential player, guiding Ian Watson’s men to a possible playoff place.

Hastings has already signed for Wigan Warriors next year, this year though, he’s assisted 35 tries and scored eight.

Prop – Liam Watts
Liam Watts was one of the props at the top of the leader board in the Man of Steel race before it went dark, his consistent performances see him near the top in both tackles made and offloads.

Hooker – Daryl Clark
The 2014 Man of Steel winner, Daryl Clark, has been Warrington’s Mr. Consistent this year, he’s already won the Lance Todd Trophy for his performance in Wire’s Challenge Cup final victory. Clark has also scored seven tries and assisted 19 tries.

Prop – Luke Thompson
Luke Thompson or Alex Walmsley, it’s near impossible to choose from, but Thompson has made 2465 metres, 553 tackles and seven tries this season. He’ also made Wayne Bennett’s Great Britain Lions performance squad.

Second Row – Liam Farrell
Liam Farrell has only played 13 games this season, but he’s had a huge impact for Wigan every time he’s played, he’s scored 8 tries including a hat-trick at the DW Stadium against Wakefield and averages 124 metres a game.

Second Row – Dominique Peyroux
Dominque Peyroux has been one the key reasons Saints have dominated the opposition this year through sheer power and pace, he’s clocked one of Saints’ fastest speeds as a forward with only Roby, Knowles and Lees faster.

Loose Forward – Morgan Knowles
Morgan Knowles joins six other Saints teammates in my Dream Team, he’s not in the spotlight as much and goes about his business quietly but effectively, the Welshman has also been called up to the GB Lions performance squad.

By Warren Holmes

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/1 ... ream-team-
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: OPINION: 2019 DREAM TEAM

Post by josie andrews »

I don't know why he didn't just pick the full St Helens team 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:07 pm I don't know why he didn't just pick the full St Helens team 😂😂
He clearly made his choices before the cup final - or maybe he missed it?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Always reminds me of the quote

Opinions are like ars3holes - Everyone has one :lol:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: