Ban Political Topics?

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.

Should we ban political topics on the board?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:23 pm

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 10

Mike
Site Admin

Ban Political Topics?

Post by Mike »

In view of the amount of trolling, abuse and lack of reasoned argument or engagement with other users opinions on the political threads on the forum, should we ban this type of content and focus solely on rugby topics?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Re: Ban Politcal Topics?

Post by fozzieskem »

Sad to say its getting near that point if it hasn't reached it already.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Ban trolls not debate. If people don't know how to conduct themselves, let them find some other outlet for their views.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

jobo wrote:Ban trolls not debate. If people don't know how to conduct themselves, let them find some other outlet for their views.
Unfortunately there hasn't been anything I'd call debate on this forum for years on any politic thread. Just name calling and insults.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Yes please 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:22 am
jobo wrote:Ban trolls not debate. If people don't know how to conduct themselves, let them find some other outlet for their views.
Unfortunately there hasn't been anything I'd call debate on this forum for years on any politic thread. Just name calling and insults.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Yeah, ban it. After you, Mike, suggested my Nan (who voted Remain) and all other pensioners are racist I'd had enough. Terrible sweeping statement. It's as bad on these political threads as the current election campaign.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Politics/Brexit and Religious topics need banning, Too many on here have turned into ass hats because of it, Myself included, Certain people only use them to insult others and have done so since the first Brexit thread, I have asked 4 or 5 times for these posts to be locked in the past but got ignored, I apologise if I've offended anybody with my posts
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Sign of the times, i doubt any of the threads would get so bad if Brexit wasn't such a dividing subject.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

I agree people are either trolling or way too entrenched in a belief. Politics is the new religion.

Problem i see everywhere and i include here if they met in real life they would be more civilised towards each other.

Also ban trolls.
SJ

Post by SJ »

medlocke wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:17 am Politics/Brexit and Religious topics need banning, Too many on here have turned into ass hats because of it, Myself included, Certain people only use them to insult others and have done so since the first Brexit thread, I have asked 4 or 5 times for these posts to be locked in the past but got ignored, I apologise if I've offended anybody with my posts
In all honesty I believe that the Remainers are now beginning to smell the Coffee Meds. They now want to Save face before the inevitable occurs. Talk of Trolls makes me smile The biggest trolls are the ones calling for the Topic to be banned to save face it seems to me.
I came onto the forum primarily to defend a leaver who was being "verbally abused. I defended this chap and the abuser immediately turned his abuse on me.
I remember KittWazza complaining about political topics on what was essentially a Sports forum, to no avail he doesn't now contribute to the forum. As don't many others. The administration of the forum need to take a look at themselves for the divisiveness of this thread.
We are all of us to blame but most of it both on this forum and in parliament as SEFC stated in his post some days ago everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Opinions are not factual and should not be put forward as putative facts. To correct an opinion by facts is sound but to disparage some one 's opinion by an opposing opinion seems somewhat vulgar to me.
The decision is yours Mike. If it is allowed then policing the forum needs tightening 🐇🍷cheers