newton to the bulls

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Re: newton to the bulls

Post by ChrisA »

pie eaters posted:
no what he was ayin wa that he wnted to stay but he said in no uncertain terms that he was being forced out
In the interview I read, O'connor said that he wanted to leave as he had been unhappy for a few seasons, it was his decision and he made that pretty clear.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

ChrisA posted:
pie eaters posted:
no what he was ayin wa that he wnted to stay but he said in no uncertain terms that he was being forced out
In the interview I read, O'connor said that he wanted to leave as he had been unhappy for a few seasons, it was his decision and he made that pretty clear.
Thats the same thing as i read. He rejected a new offer at wigan so if he wanted to stay thats a funny way of showing it.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
ChrisA posted:
pie eaters posted:
Thats the same thing as i read. He rejected a new offer at wigan so if he wanted to stay thats a funny way of showing it.
he rejected a new offer ml wanted him to take a 40 000 pay cut and they didnt c eye to eye.He stated he loves the club but cant work with that *****,heard a rumour he got offerd a contract with 1 of our close freind with more money but after being at wigan 4 ten years he couldt go there :eh:

{sorry Mike, but the abusive word was a bit too much so I had to edit out the rest. Got to keep things family-friendly... - Fraggle}
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

So you agree that he wanted to leave because he was unhappy at the club
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

he was unhappy with mo ,so if that makes u unhappy with the club yes ill agree with you ,but he still loves the fans :blush: that must be a first agreeing with u :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

pie eaters posted:
how did he in the wigan reporter h=in his column he said he was sad to be leaving and that he did not want to go but the club had told him that they were buyin a new prop
O connor said on GMR that he was glad to leave, although sad because it had been such a long time but he'd had personal problems in the last few years.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

can anyone blame Terry for being unhappy with the club ie. the directors after there performance over the last four years i dont.It has taken Millward to come in to improve the recruitment and retention of the club even if we dont always agree with his opinion of some players.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

damien morrissey posted:
can anyone blame Terry for being unhappy with the club ie. the directors after there performance over the last four years i dont.It has taken Millward to come in to improve the recruitment and retention of the club even if we dont always agree with his opinion of some players.
O'Conner had 10 good years at Wigan and was way past his best and it appears that the club offered him a contract that reflected this. All the old boys went to Widnes and this season has proved the board correct in their assumptions that Connelly, O'Conner and Cassidy were way past it.

How do you know that recruitment/retention is better under Milly - have you got a crystal ball?
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Cheers pie eater you got the point and these are young players not over the hill plyers.Dave yes Terry is an old player an i would do my nut if he was a new signing but as we have lacked go forward this year we have missed him
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

damien morrissey posted:
Cheers pie eater you got the point and these are young players not over the hill plyers.Dave yes Terry is an old player an i would do my nut if he was a new signing but as we have lacked go forward this year we have missed him
Fletcher is 30+