starting 13

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Greatest brain

starting 13

Post by The Greatest brain »

I thinmk with our first 13 players then Wigan have a decent chance of winning the challenge cup and the Super league. However if injuries hit us then I think we could struggle but hopefully our luck will be a little better this year.

1 RAdlinski
2 Dallas
3 Johnson
4 Ainscough
5 Hodgson
6 O'Neill
7 Lam
8 O'COnner
9 Newton
10 Smith
11 Cassidy
12 Faz
13 O'Loughlin

14 Wilde
15 Bibey
16 M smith
17 Sculthorpe
AJ

my XVII

Post by AJ »

1. rads
2. dallas
3. johnson
4. hodgson
5. carney
6. julian
7. lam
8. oconnor
9. newton
10. sculthorpe
11. faz
12. cassidy
13. loccy

14. ainscough
15. c. smith
16. bibey
17. wild
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
John M

starting team

Post by John M »

Rads
Dallas
Johnson
Hodgson
Ainscough
O'Neill
Lam
O'Connor
Newton
Bibey
Cassidy
Farrell
Tickle

Sculthorpe
C Smith
Wilde/O'Loughlin ????
Carney

Jesus we are weak in our front row!! Not because Sculthorpe and Bibey are bad players but because they are inexperienced and can they face up to the size and power of guys like Vagana,Britt,Fielden,McDermott every week?

It would be risky as hell to bring both of them on at the same time.I fear that if O'Connor and Smith go off for a breather at the same time then we might end up stuck in our own half for long periods.I just hope Lam and Farrell have been practising 40/20's,there is no easier way to gain field position than to kick them.Not only do they give you the attacking scrum but they save the forwards all that hard work down the middle so when you get the ball back you still have fresh legs.Im suprised that teams dont go for these more often.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!