Play-offs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ragman

Play-offs

Post by ragman »

I've been away for a couple of weeks, so this might have already been covered, but surely we don't want to finish in the top six this season do we ?

Much better to draw a line under this season, get preparing for next year as as soon as possible,and not have the burden of playing the top six three times next time round ?
Wizard_Millward

Re: Play-offs

Post by Wizard_Millward »

ragman posted:
I've been away for a couple of weeks, so this might have already been covered, but surely we don't want to finish in the top six this season do we ?

Much better to draw a line under this season, get preparing for next year as as soon as possible,and not have the burden of playing the top six three times next time round ?
The rules changed but i cant be bothered explaining, your best checking older posts on this topic.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

i think that now you play odds and evens, depending what you land on
eg: if we finished 7th we would play 1st, 3rd, 5th, 9th and 11th.

(correct me if i am wrong though, its just what i have heard)
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

wiganrldeanh posted:

Almost. That would only be 5 extra games, though, not 6. a team finishing "oddly" will play the even teams, and verce visa.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

GeoffN posted:
wiganrldeanh posted:

Almost. That would only be 5 extra games, though, not 6. a team finishing "oddly" will play the even teams, and verce visa.
:( w :angry: :angry: will this 1 not go away i wish people would check the rules
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mike binder posted:
:( w :angry: :angry: will this 1 not go away i wish people would check the rules
I understand your frustration Mike, but perhaps instead the league shouldn't keep changing the rules every couple of years! The previous system was stupid, a bit of thought would have shown that up but the brass don't do thinking before applying rules. It's like the "who receives the kick-off after a score" rule that keeps changing every 2-3 years, why can't they make a sensible decision and stick to it?!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

GeoffN posted:
wiganrldeanh posted:

i stand corrected
superleague

Post by superleague »

ragman i seriously doubt we will make the playoffs anyway our next three games are against the top 3 hull saints and leeds and i cant see us beating all of them and not to mention we need london to slip up a few times.
MOUSE

Post by MOUSE »

ragman posted:

Got to agree to this one. It would be nice to get in the playoffs but there is little chance of winning them. As Ragman as posted it would be better to draw a line under this season and try and get everyone fit and healthy for next season.We seem to be picking at least one bad injury up every match.Today ( on debut ) Goulding has broken a bone in his ankle. :(
ADLINGTON RANGERS ARLFC - open age players required anyone welcome.We run two teams in the N.W.counties Div 1 & Div 7.Training @ 6.30 on Mon & Wed.COME ON DOWN to the top rec and join in.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

MOUSE posted:
ragman posted:

Got to agree to this one. It would be nice to get in the playoffs but there is little chance of winning them. As Ragman as posted it would be better to draw a line under this season and try and get everyone fit and healthy for next season.We seem to be picking at least one bad injury up every match.Today ( on debut ) Goulding has broken a bone in his ankle. :(
weve bin through this...... :angry: