Wigan Latics fans !!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Joanne2809

Wigan Latics fans !!

Post by Joanne2809 »

I have read the previous post about latics, and yes I agree with your posts, about not liking them and also the ones about backing them !!! I think it is wonderful to see the best International football players in our country to walk out onto the JJB stadium pitch. But then you get the 'brainless' latics fans chanting 'Are you watching RUGBY now, Are you watching rugby now' this is pathetic !!! Amazing to see out about around the Wigan area, the amount of 'out of the closet' latics fans walking about with Latics shirts on, amazing when they were getting poor gates last season !!!!!!! I have to say that Wigan is a RUGBY town and has had years of success and triumphs !!!!! The latics fans but a dampner on it today watching that game !!!! They are so anti rugby simply because we have had so much success over the years !!!! I would say there are more rugby fans back Latics than there are Latics fans backing rugby and thats a sad fact !!!!!! :( After all...we all live in WIGAN and should be proud of the fact that we have a successful Wigan Rugby team (this season excluded cos of Injuries!!) and a football team that have been promoted!! unfortunately this is not the case !!!!
Champions

Re: Wigan Latics fans !!

Post by Champions »

Joanne2809 posted:
I have read the previous post about latics, and yes I agree with your posts, about not liking them and also the ones about backing them !!! I think it is wonderful to see the best International football players in our country to walk out onto the JJB stadium pitch. But then you get the 'brainless' latics fans chanting 'Are you watching RUGBY now, Are you watching rugby now' this is pathetic !!! Amazing to see out about around the Wigan area, the amount of 'out of the closet' latics fans walking about with Latics shirts on, amazing when they were getting poor gates last season !!!!!!! I have to say that Wigan is a RUGBY town and has had years of success and triumphs !!!!! The latics fans but a dampner on it today watching that game !!!! They are so anti rugby simply because we have had so much success over the years !!!! I would say there are more rugby fans back Latics than there are Latics fans backing rugby and thats a sad fact !!!!!! :( After all...we all live in WIGAN and should be proud of the fact that we have a successful Wigan Rugby team (this season excluded cos of Injuries!!) and a football team that have been promoted!! unfortunately this is not the case !!!!
Well said! I want Latics to do well...home town team.....but I prefer rugby, that's just who I am. Latics have got glory fans this year, but real ones too, just like rugby has. Wigan is a rugby town.......so why do all the Latics fans have to say things like that?! Ok we have one song about the Latics and thats good humoured! Why can't they just support their club, and be happy for us, like we are for them?!
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

There's already a thread about Latics so I think you should post stuff in there. Some members aren't happy reading Latics-related stuff. :wink:
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

The quality of the football they play can't be up to much if all they can think about while watching the game is to chant at the Rugby fans. When I watch the Warriors nothing is further from my mind than football. How sad they are!
Brian's Girl

batch

Post by batch »

'Are you watching RUGBY now, Are you watching rugby now'

It was actually, "Are you watching Rodney Marsh"
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I suppose it depends on which camp you fall into. I'm neutral and want both to do well. I like both sports but prefer to watch rugby. Some football fans hate rugby and likewise some rugby fans hate football. Never the twain shall meet.

When they chant and talk non stop about the rugby they are actually proving the exact opposite of what they are trying to achieve. Bit sad and silly really.

I was gutted for them v Chelsea but then again I prefer Man Utd.

I do hope Wigan Athletic will take note how pristine the pitch is during the rugby season. Maybe it's us who should be complaining come the start of the next rugby season when the football players have made the pitch atrocious :lol:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:

I do hope Wigan Athletic will take note how pristine the pitch is during the rugby season. Maybe it's us who should be complaining come the start of the next rugby season when the football players have made the pitch atrocious :lol:
That's about the only aspect of Latics' topics that belongs on here.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Funny how nobody on line wants to call the latics and says good luck, but at todays match everyone was singing "your going down with the latics"
Well I don't care, I hope they go down, hope they get 0 points.
They kept showing Whelan today as thier savior, the day after selling ellington, thier top scores.
Whelans about money...how many people bought shirts with "duke"on them and will now have to buy another.
:lol:
Champions

Post by Champions »

First Try Tickle posted:
Funny how nobody on line wants to call the latics and says good luck, but at todays match everyone was singing "your going down with the latics"
Well I don't care, I hope they go down, hope they get 0 points.
They kept showing Whelan today as thier savior, the day after selling ellington, thier top scores.
Whelans about money...how many people bought shirts with "duke"on them and will now have to buy another.
:lol:
I thought they were singing 'Your going down with the leighthers'?

MrsLam: WE WERE!!!!!!!
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I actually used to watch the Latics too as a junior. However, I will not go watching them this season as it seems hypocritical/morally wrong simply to say oh whilst your in the Premiership I'll watch you given I've not been to a Latics match in over a decade.

Maybe I'm odd but any time there's a Wiganer/Wigan team involved in something I look to see how well they do. Any sport. Just a proud Wiganer :exc: