big announcement tomorrow

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: big announcement tomor...

Post by DaveO »

the pieman posted:
To hopefully quash the pryce rumour I have been speaking to a work colleague today who has connections at stains. He is apparently still on his way to them
Well assuming that is not the case and he is coming this way if he came to play centre then I think that would improve the squad. I mean he is a better centre then Wild or Aspinwall isn't he by quite a bit.

I don't see any point in employing him as a stand off as he isn't any better than Orr IMO at 6 and we have a weakness in the centres.

As to him being world class are there any Britich players who truly are world class at the moment?

I think they are few and far between and so if we sign a British player if that signing brings an improvement to the squad then that is all we can expect.

Dave
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

St's might want pryce for centre, just because hoopers staying it doesnt mean they cant now sign pryce. Lyon might go home, then they'll need a centre and theres no certainty that long will stay. I don't think pryce is the type of world beater we want... :doz:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

I rate Pryce highly, when hes played stand off for the bulls and has been involved down the centre of the park he has always been able to make breaks and offload the ball, I dont understand why they dont play him there regular. He has one of the best sidesteps of any player in this country and it takes him away from players with ease, he has the ability to make that break and when he does hes instantly looking what support he has, if he doesnt have support he does have the pace to try and go alone no matter where he is in the field. He has alot more skill than most people realise, thats because Noble doesnt really give him the chance to show it. To me the problem isnt his skill levels or talent, its just his moments of madness he has every now and then, if he can sort that out he and was played in the right position we would see a player who can create and can score plenty of tries. Plus he is another player who can player everywhere in the backs barring scrum half, he would be a very good aquisition to the squad.