Botham Retires

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Botham Retires

Post by ChrisA »

Liam Botham has retired due to this recent neck injury he has sustained, very bad news for him and its sad a way to end a career he was worked hard for and then it has ended like this. I wish him all the best, and hope he makes a good recovery.
- psycho -

Re: Botham Retires

Post by - psycho - »

its sad to see him go like this :( . good luck to botham and i hope he gets better soon.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

its a shame too see something like this happen. but saying that, it hppened to phil clarke and look where he is now. i wouldnt mind a job like that! although i suppose you cant say as PC was a world class player :doz:
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Where have you got this rumour from, not on the club website or Sporting Life??
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

I read it on Sky Sports news this morning. It's official not just a rumour.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Awww what a shame. I wish Liam all the best.
botica

Post by botica »

Good luck to Liam. Very sorry to see him go before we had the best off him!! it is now on the Wigan web page!! :(
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

botica posted:
Good luck to Liam. Very sorry to see him go before we had the best off him!! it is now on the Wigan web page!! :(
Sad news, and just about epitomises our season really - in what must be the worst year ever for injuries, we've even had loan players retiring from the sport. As others, I'd like to wish him the best for the future.

Interesting to see Millward (on the club site) saying he was part of next year's plans, does this mean we've got another 20/20 slot freed up now? At his age I would have expected him to be in line for a half-decent salary had we kept him on.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

a shame 4 the boy but can he not go back to cricket now were doing well :blush: good luck any way liam
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
willie c

Post by willie c »

best of luck liam what ever you do next millward must of thought highly of him to have wanted him in his plans next season
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra