21-man squad vs Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: 21-man squad vs Salford

Post by widdenoldboy »

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:17 pm
Big stick wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:31 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:34 pm

No rod - just needs a fair chance is all
I agree he’s not good enough. He’s been with us 3 seasons and he had 2 good games. I think his fair chance has been and gone.
He hasn't had much game time in those 3 seasons so can't say he has had a fair crack TBH.

He joined Wigan in July 2018 on a two-year deal from Swinton so time to use him or fire him off.
He was given a one-year contract extension in June :shock:
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Well, I thought place-kicking was goal-kicking but someone complained so I thought I'd change it to be nice. Now, just time to sort out that pesky world peace and I'll be ready to watch Sky at 5.30 pm.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I understand what people are saying about hanks but like I’ve said he doesn’t get ahead of gilly and Zak.
Squad player at best, cover player.
Could understand people moaning if Zak and gilly weren’t playing
pedro

Post by pedro »

Like the other week and played Isa there
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Don't worry. Everything's OK. Jake Bibby is playing in place of Dom.
For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hopefully he will play him at centre and zak on the wing...... no smith? Thats odd
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:08 pm Hopefully he will play him at centre and zak on the wing...... no smith? Thats odd

Not for Lam. :evil:

Let's drop Smith to give Tony Clubb a place on the bench, great idea! :roll:
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Personally I see it like this,

Since Hankinson's arrival, we've had notable injuries in the position of centre and the back line in general. I'm presuming he trains with the first team week in week out. If hasn't been able to force his way into the first team in either 2019 or 2020 (which he hasn't) either through superb training or injuries, what future has he got with us?

I dont think Bibby is poor but by no means has he set the world alight either. If Bibby is ahead of Hankinson then that tells us something. For those who argue we haven't seen enough of Hankinson, surely there's a reason behind this (remember he was signed by Wane not Lam).
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:13 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:08 pm Hopefully he will play him at centre and zak on the wing...... no smith? Thats odd

Not for Lam. :evil:

Let's drop Smith to give Tony Clubb a place on the bench, great idea! :roll:
The thing is though, it’s a bit of luxury having a half on the bench. Powell can do 80 mins at hooker and we often criticise our forwards for not having enough fire power. Although it’s a plodder (clubb), it looks to right those wrongs.

Would be better to have Smith starting and 4 capable forwards on the bench when we need it.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

With Salfotd coming off the back of a challenge cup defeat and our game being postponed I can see the merit of thinking that taking Salford on down the middle
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: