Mark Calderwood

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Mark Calderwood

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
ian.birchall posted:

Oh and by the way despite what I said about not agreeing with DaveO I do as often as not, it's just that his postings generally take up column feet rather than inches.
Doh! falling into the same trap myself
He does tend to be less than concise sometimes, but I think I've agreed with him 3 times this year, which must be a record!
Really?

Dave
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaveO posted:

Really?

Dave

The Salvation Army has been at work in Wigan!
A sinner repenteth.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall posted:
DaveO posted:

Really?

Dave

The Salvation Army has been at work in Wigan!
A sinner repenteth.
Since I don't live in Wigan are you talking about yourself?

Dave
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

Interesting debate about WNAC - the thing was at the time as i said myself we did need a coach, we got the best coach in the league and we may make the playoffs!, a darn site better then relegation a serious possiblity with betts.
I think a lot of people Hayley for example who i dont think is around anymore got very upset with calls for betts head, and was throwing lots of insults around at me wnac and anyone who suggested sackings. WNAC usually vocaled his opinion in a not so mature way and got shot down a lot, but he was good fun!
I agree with the boys, jimmy and doug etc, this place has been dire for a few weeks, bring back the controversy!, bring back the insults, not the ridiculous "die" ones obviously
Id like to have this as a site i check daily which i used to do, so bring on the madness!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

:lol: :eusa2:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Before his fans get too carried away, WNAC wasn't above the occasional personal insult himself, and I never did get replies from him to most of what the points I opposed (remember that it was a FACT that we were supposed to be getting kicked out of the JJB because of Whelan selling up etc etc, not that we ever learned where these "facts" were coming from), but I suppose he served a purpose in generating controversy which is always good. Apart from the apparent superiority complex, at least his posts were properly-written and mature, unlike some of the chatty stuff on here recently, even if I disagreed with most of what he said, but then how can you have a discussion if everyone agrees with everyone else?

Having said that, this site differs from some others in that we don't have different sections for different things so we can't have a "teenager chat section" for example. Hopefully we attract all different types of people onto here, but maybe we need to remember that different people have different expectations and perhaps we should be a little bit more accepting of some of the stuff that seems trivial to us older folk? So long as things are written in a non-txt-speak way so that everyone can read it, I don't really care if people want to discuss inflatable cherries or people's legs, I can choose to ignore such things if they're of no interest. The moderators stop things getting too out-of-hand and hopefully we'll never decent into the farce that is RLFans.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
Before his fans get too carried away, WNAC wasn't above the occasional personal insult himself, and I never did get replies from him to most of what the points I opposed (remember that it was a FACT that we were supposed to be getting kicked out of the JJB because of Whelan selling up etc etc, not that we ever learned where these "facts" were coming from), but I suppose he served a purpose in generating controversy which is always good. Apart from the apparent superiority complex, at least his posts were properly-written and mature, unlike some of the chatty stuff on here recently, even if I disagreed with most of what he said, but then how can you have a discussion if everyone agrees with everyone else?

Having said that, this site differs from some others in that we don't have different sections for different things so we can't have a "teenager chat section" for example. Hopefully we attract all different types of people onto here, but maybe we need to remember that different people have different expectations and perhaps we should be a little bit more accepting of some of the stuff that seems trivial to us older folk? So long as things are written in a non-txt-speak way so that everyone can read it, I don't really care if people want to discuss inflatable cherries or people's legs, I can choose to ignore such things if they're of no interest. The moderators stop things getting too out-of-hand and hopefully we'll never decent into the farce that is RLFans.
Exactly, and hence the reason I haven't been on here much. The problem has been there hasn't IMO been any wheat recently to filter out from the chaff.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
Really?

Dave
Nice concise post, Dave! :wink:

Can't remember the exact circumstances, but I'm pretty sure there were some things I agreed with you on.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

What's there to be controversial about? What's point in being controversial just for funs sake, people have got what they wanted. "Best coach, top 6, not relegated" now what? Because of our brilliant coach we now have nothing to disagree on or argue against, that's your fault!!

I don't mind chatting about rugby and then going off onto another topic (it comes naturally anyway too much going around my head) what I hate is reading a post with one word in it, or a little face or something that means absolutely nothing at all, which is why I never go on RL fans or whatever its called, tis a joke. Would however like to apologise for randomness of last nights messages due to the drinkage of alcohol! Last bank holiday of summer though weren't it!

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I agree with the general consensus here - I don't like tiny posts! But saying that, I only go in threads I'm interested in. And sometimes I don't even post in them. To each their own.