calderwood first try

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

calderwood first try

Post by mike binder »

:( did any 1 get paid out at the bookies for the first try ive been refused :conf: sorry if this as allready been posted just got back :exc:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
jinkin jimmy

Re: calderwood first try

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I had calderwood down for a tenner at 10/1. Unfortunately, there was a note on the bottom of the sheet telling us that penalty tries do not count :(
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

From the bookies point of view, the first try wasn't a try.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

I think that the rulings should be changed as calderwood deserved that try and should be awarded with it. The rules state that a penalty try can only be given if the offensive player would have definatley got a try. Therefore if he definatley got a try then he should have been awarded thr try. Should the defender (cant remember his name) not have been sin-binned of sent off for a professional foul?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I agree with this, but then I am £100 down!! The announcer awarded that try to Calderwood - was he correct to do so?
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

:( yes me 2 i wander if the rfl can do something it certantly was his try i dont remember reading the penalty try bit on my betting slip can any 1 else confirm if it was on theirs :o
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mike binder posted:
:( yes me 2 i wander if the rfl can do something it certantly was his try i dont remember reading the penalty try bit on my betting slip can any 1 else confirm if it was on theirs :o
Yes. Always read the small print!
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

But would that mean thet the 2nd try woyuld be counted as the 1st (if you know what i mean) or would it just mean the bookies are quids in.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

wiganrldeanh posted:
But would that mean thet the 2nd try woyuld be counted as the 1st (if you know what i mean) or would it just mean the bookies are quids in.
The latter is always the case!
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

I suppose so. IMO there should be such laws against bookies doing things like this and make it more fair. Or maybe you just shouldnt gamble.........