Re: WHO SHOULD BE CAPTAIN ...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Who should be the next...

Post by DaveO »

wiganrldeanh posted:
any more options ask me and i will add
Danny Orr should be in the poll since he has been mentioned several times as a potential candidate both in this thread and in the past.

Dave
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Any one but Orr!!!!!!!!!!!

He's not good enough to be in a decent Wigan team - captain ????

Never.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave posted:
Any one but Orr!!!!!!!!!!!

He's not good enough to be in a decent Wigan team - captain ????

Never.
He should still be in the poll though...at least one person (not me!) disagrees with you.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

DaveO posted:
wiganrldeanh posted:
Danny Orr should be in the poll since he has been mentioned several times as a potential candidate both in this thread and in the past.

Dave
done
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

botica posted:
We've been too long with Farrell and the situation didn't leave much time to blood someone in slowly. Well thats my thought anyway. :lol:
Do you mean "without Farrell", by which you think we've been too inconsistent this season in terms of captaincy (Rads, Newton, Moran etc all having a go) without having a settled captain, or do you believe that Farrell was captain for too long? Can't say I agree with that idea, Farrell was captain for such a long time because he was very good in the role. I don't agree with the idea of getting rid of someone who is very good at a job just because they've been doing it for a long time and you think it's time for someone else to have a go. That's very similar to the idea of getting rid of (say) Rads because he's getting older and injury prone, and he's a bit expensive, so we should get someone new in who may not be as good, but would be younger and cost less and may become as good as Rads is now. Doesn't wash with me. If you've got someone who's good, you stick with them until they're no longer doing the job.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

It's not working, dean! that's why there are no votes!
Did you put in an expiry date?
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

GeoffN posted:
It's not working, dean! that's why there are no votes!
Did you put in an expiry date?
:lol: thanks geoff
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
wiganrldeanh posted:

Dave
And Moran, since he's already had a go this season so is as much a candidate for the future as Rads and Newton.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

Fraggle posted:
DaveO posted:
wiganrldeanh posted:

Dave
And Moran, since he's already had a go this season so is as much a candidate for the future as Rads and Newton.
done
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

Personally i dont think o'loughlin is the man for the job. hes on a hard road back from injury, and i dont think he needs the responsibility.
Rads doesnt seem to be a leader, Newton is too undisciplined. Orr would be perfect but does he have the respect of the players? ...or should i say enough respect to be captain
We really dont have many options apart from Fletcher. Hes tried and tested, and that might be the best choice. O'Loughlin might be able to do a job but its a gamble