Re: WHO SHOULD BE CAPTAIN ...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: Who should be the next...

Post by MrsLam »

bulldog59 posted:
give it to one of hte coyles they win every thing else
Talk about bitter
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Louise

Post by Louise »

bulldog59 posted:
give it to one of hte coyles they win every thing else
I am sure that this is a reference to the U21's player of the year and I am in agreement that the reason for change was unfair but to be fair to James he didn't make the decision he was put in a terrible position and it wasn't fair to him either.
http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk

St pat's Australian tour 2007 sponsors needed........

http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk/
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrsLam posted:
Talk about bitter
My favourite subject!

Marston's Pedigree.....Brewer's Gold.....Pendle Witches.......Deuchars......Old Toby....
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

GeoffN posted:
MrsLam posted:
Talk about bitter
My favourite subject!

Marston's Pedigree.....Brewer's Gold.....Pendle Witches.......Deuchars......Old Toby....
You sup some muck!

I like the old biterooney but Real Ale is just an excuse for selling rubbish.

Stick to the chemic! :)
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Doveoverdave posted:
GeoffN posted:
MrsLam posted:
Talk about bitter
My favourite subject!

You sup some muck!

I like the old biterooney but Real Ale is just an excuse for selling rubbish.

Stick to the chemic! :)
Real Ales are a lot better for you than the likes of lager, the amount of chemicals they put in lager would turn your stomach. Can't beat a pint of Jennings Cockerhoop!
Pedro the Exile

Post by Pedro the Exile »

mike binder posted:
paul scullthorpe :conf:
Naw-it's got to be Brett Kenny!(He is making a comeback isn't he?)
botica

Post by botica »

Fraggle posted:
botica posted:
We've been too long with Farrell and the situation didn't leave much time to blood someone in slowly. Well thats my thought anyway. :lol:
Do you mean "without Farrell", by which you think we've been too inconsistent this season in terms of captaincy (Rads, Newton, Moran etc all having a go) without having a settled captain, or do you believe that Farrell was captain for too long? Can't say I agree with that idea, Farrell was captain for such a long time because he was very good in the role. I don't agree with the idea of getting rid of someone who is very good at a job just because they've been doing it for a long time and you think it's time for someone else to have a go. That's very similar to the idea of getting rid of (say) Rads because he's getting older and injury prone, and he's a bit expensive, so we should get someone new in who may not be as good, but would be younger and cost less and may become as good as Rads is now. Doesn't wash with me. If you've got someone who's good, you stick with them until they're no longer doing the job.
What i meant was we had Faz for a long time and the situation he left in didn't give the club enough time to sort out his successor, Often clubs who know their captain is off down the road, use the time to get someone else geared up. I for one would welcome Faz back tomorrow, i believe his leaving was the biggest downfall of this season. Wigan have had the injury crisis before and still come through because of his presence of mind in the dressing room. But i still think you should not buy a captain. It should be earned!
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

botica posted:
Fraggle posted:
botica posted:
We've been too long with Farrell and the situation didn't leave much time to blood someone in slowly. Well thats my thought anyway. :lol:
Do you mean "without Farrell", by which you think we've been too inconsistent this season in terms of captaincy (Rads, Newton, Moran etc all having a go) without having a settled captain, or do you believe that Farrell was captain for too long? Can't say I agree with that idea, Farrell was captain for such a long time because he was very good in the role. I don't agree with the idea of getting rid of someone who is very good at a job just because they've been doing it for a long time and you think it's time for someone else to have a go. That's very similar to the idea of getting rid of (say) Rads because he's getting older and injury prone, and he's a bit expensive, so we should get someone new in who may not be as good, but would be younger and cost less and may become as good as Rads is now. Doesn't wash with me. If you've got someone who's good, you stick with them until they're no longer doing the job.
What i meant was we had Faz for a long time and the situation he left in didn't give the club enough time to sort out his successor, Often clubs who know their captain is off down the road, use the time to get someone else geared up. I for one would welcome Faz back tomorrow, i believe his leaving was the biggest downfall of this season. Wigan have had the injury crisis before and still come through because of his presence of mind in the dressing room. But i still think you should not buy a captain. It should be earned!
I thought we did have a successor since Faz's brother-in-law was following in his footsteps captaining his country etc. Whether Lockers has got the experience for SL yet is debatable, maybe if he'd played more of this season he'd have been ok but next year's going to be a bit of restart for his career and he needs to get the playing side of things sorted out first. I still think Fletcher for next year, get the team's performances turned around and then hand over to Lockers to lead the club for the future, assuming he regains his form and fitness (unless more people vote for me in this poll, in which case I'll be submitting my application to Wigan!)
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]