still doubts over Haven eligibility

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

still doubts over Haven eligibility

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... olumn.html

"Realistically, the promotion race has come down to a three-way fight between last year's beaten finalists Whitehaven, League Cup winners Hull KR and Castleford, who were relegated last October for the first time in their history.

Both Castleford and Hull KR are expected to be given the all-clear but doubts still surround the ability of the Cumbrians to meet the criteria.

Whitehaven were told on the eve of last year's National League Grand Final with Leigh their ground would be suitable for Super League but the League have since tightened the regulations."

Might see Widnes stay up yet!

MrsLam

Re: still doubts over Haven el...

Post by MrsLam »

Ohh bring Cas back, I don't want any more weird area teams with tiny followings, we've got the french teams next year that's enough. I loved Cas ground, mm the doughnuts! Even when they weren't doing too wellthey still had a fairly big established group of supporters and think you can say those that stopped watching when they were relegated would be back.

Come back to us Cas!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
willie c

Re: still doubts over Haven el...

Post by willie c »

whitehaven have been told they can use carlisle utd ground if they win the grand final that ground comes up to super league standard
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
robjoenz

Re: still doubts over Have...

Post by robjoenz »

It was in League Express this week that Haven have not been told either way whether they will be eligible for SL contrary to some rumours that they'd been told they wouldn't be promoted.

I can't see any reason why Haven couldn't be promoted if they win the GF as Brunton Park is a fairly new ground. I'd love to see Haven in SL.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: still doubts over Have...

Post by Mike »

I think the clubs get told on 31st August (today then!)

My favourite team for promotion is also Whitehaven. I can have a nice weekend out in the Lakes in summer.

Hull KR or CAs wouldn't be too bad though. I just hope one of them does come up and Widnes don't make too much of a fuss. The national press will have a field-day if there is too much legal trouble about promotion and relegation. I thought they were a bit sparse with their coverage when Union was going through some problems with Rotherham and others, but htey won't be if its League in trouble.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐