French and hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: French and hastings

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:16 pm Lam says their return was delayed because of the training facility closure.

Why are they not back already then?
Like I said before I was shot down, (not by you) the club had concerns over one of the two.

The club reluctantly let Hastings dictate to them (From Aus) that he WAS staying longer. after an original date of return was agreed.

No issue at all with French he was given extra time simply because Hastings got his way.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

As long as both lads come back fit and firing then I don't really think it matters, they are both still young boys and the last year must of been so hard for them. yes financially they have no worries but being on the other side of the world to your family during a pandemic must take its toll. Hopefully once they are back we get a few months of peace and quiet before the inevitable "Return to the NRL" Rumours begin :lol: :lol: :lol:
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

They'll be back chonk in fettle. These lads won't be sitting around drinking Fosters and chewing on pizzas. They know that maybe, just maybe, their contracts are up for renewal at the end of our season and they both will want the best deal available, either here or back in Oz.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

"soon" seems like dodging the question to me. You say, next week or were arranging their travel plans or something like that if you actually knew what was happening. Will they actually come back to lockdown britain when life is free and easy in Aus? I would say they will, but lams statement seems like he doesn't really know when they are going to arrive at all right now.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Got a funny feeling that we won't see Hastings back at Wgina
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:47 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:16 pm Lam says their return was delayed because of the training facility closure.

Like I said before I was shot down, (not by you) the club had concerns over one of the two.

The club reluctantly let Hastings dictate to them (From Aus) that he WAS staying longer. after an original date of return was agreed.

No issue at all with French he was given extra time simply because Hastings got his way.
From what i heard from a player he did the same thing last year.
jobo

Post by jobo »

So French got what he wanted by way of Hastings firing the bullet and that's ok?

Dont forget, your pal passing on this info, also puts his own interpretation into it.

It's a sort of "I asked for re-inforcements and they sent me 3 and fourpence" thing.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

jobo wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:17 am

So French got what he wanted by way of Hastings firing the bullet and that's ok?

Dont forget, your pal passing on this info, also puts his own interpretation into it.

It's a sort of "I asked for re-inforcements and they sent me 3 and fourpence" thing.
French didn't refuse to come back on the planned date. there's the difference.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:23 am

When you say refuse, it implies Hasting is being contrary and he is dictating to the club.

It doesn't ring true to me and that's not to dispute your interpretation of the info you've been given.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

jobo wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:49 am
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:23 am

When you say refuse, it implies Hasting is being contrary and he is dictating to the club.

It doesn't ring true to me and that's not to dispute your interpretation of the info you've been given.
Totally understand what you are saying, But, there is no interpretation on my half. I was told Hastings refused to come home as originally planned. the club bowed to him. then on the back of that they gave Bevan the same extended leave. so both technically have permission to stay longer, albeit reluctantly. The club don't want to piss any of them off because like I said. there was/is a concern from within that Hastings wont be back. All entitled to our opinions RE what I've said. but what Im saying isn't an opinion its fact.