Smith for NZ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: Smith for NZ?

Post by Doveoverdave »

ian.birchall posted:
Doveoverdave posted:

If this ageing over the top funny running old prop

I seem to remember watching a Saturday/Sunday morning Oz RL programme on Sky about 4 weeks ago where Peter Sterling said that Craig Smith had been Newcastles' best player week in week out this season. Sorry DoD, I will take Sterlings opinion over yours any time :exc:
They are absolutely rock bottom of the ladder and only started winning when Joey came back. (Now I have named a good player).

People on here seem to have a penchant for players who are playing for teams that are getting battered every week!!

Come back Cassidy and Terry, you must be joking these two didn't do Widnes any good.
Soft spot for Smith because Sterlo says he's Newcastle's best player. So what?
THEY ARE BOTTOM OF THE LADDER!!!!!!

We will have to wait and see the impact of Logan and Fletcher next season because these two also fall into this catagory. Again posters are making them out to be world beaters when they are being off loaded by teams at the foot of the table.
mario

Post by mario »

Terry O is top metre maker in superleague. He hasn't done that because he's playing in a poor team,he's done it despite playing in a poor team!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mario posted:
Terry O is top metre maker in superleague. He hasn't done that because he's playing in a poor team,he's done it despite playing in a poor team!
So what? You can prove anything with stats! A few interception tries by...let me see...Wild say and he may have been the top "metre maker".

He may be top metre maker but no where near top of the props.
mario

Post by mario »

Doveoverdave posted:
mario posted:
So what? You can prove anything with stats! A few interception tries by...let me see...Wild say and he may have been the top "metre maker".

My mistake, he has consistently made the most metres this season with nobody within 500 metres of him over the season, and they've all been from interceptions.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mario posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
mario posted:

My mistake, he has consistently made the most metres this season with nobody within 500 metres of him over the season, and they've all been from interceptions.
Smith is paying at the bottom of th NRL.and is seriously being cosidered at he ge of 33 to be chosen in the NZ team.

Tezzer is playing at the bottom of SL and he is the wrong side of 30 - would you seriously consider him for GB seection in the company of Bailey, Ward, King, Carvell,Thackery, Fielden, Morley etc.

The gist of the thread was to say that NZ MUSTbe weak to even be considering this.
Don't you agree?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
mario posted:
Doveoverdave posted: So what? You can prove anything with stats! A few interception tries by...let me see...Wild say and he may have been the top "metre maker".

Smith is paying at the bottom of th NRL.and is seriously being cosidered at he ge of 33 to be chosen in the NZ team.

Tezzer is playing at the bottom of SL and he is the wrong side of 30 - would you seriously consider him for GB seection in the company of Bailey, Ward, King, Carvell,Thackery, Fielden, Morley etc.

The gist of the thread was to say that NZ MUSTbe weak to even be considering this.
Don't you agree?
Well find out in the next coouple of months.