Today's game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Today's game

Post by Firestarter »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:44 am
Firestarter wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:51 pm Looking at that first half we better pray the likes of french,hastings, gildart and manfredi/marshy are fit for the seasons start
Article in MEN today that French and Hastings may not play against Leigh.
Hastings starts training today apparently.
Yea says that in article above....... a bit strange really...... maybe another run out next week would have helped?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:02 pm
Wigan Watcher wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:27 pm We are a professional club that allows players to come back late to the club so not having a full pre season training. WHY?
If you are contracted to the club that surely must mean full time with holiday entitlement like any other type of employment. I cant see employee's of other companies who perform the same duties having longer holidays than anothers.

Im guessing players saying why should I run up this hill in freezing conditions when others dont need too. This cannot be good for moral or team bonding!

If you play for us turn up with everyone else and train and play when we want you too or get on your bike
Explained here and good on the club for being understanding. If you've ever worked a long distance away a from your family and friends, you may understand.

Episode 5

https://anchor.fm/behindtheathlete
Good podcast, confirmed what most had been saying.

One thing I may have missed is:
He did mention he would have been back sooner if it weren't for the training ground closing down. But why did he only come back in March then? They were back training mid-feb.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Ive listened to this and sorry its just not cutting it with me. He has had his nose put out with possible losing his starting spot or maybe he thinks he has. He clearly said he was wrong saying things and he did disrespect our club but didnt show much remorse.

Threw his dummy out the pram

He should have been back earlier as there were plenty of holes in his explaination why he didnt come back and I would guess he was touting himself for a move but didnt get it or things may have been different.

He said the club were in regular contact with him!
WHY If there were no issues?

All that said I do believe he will give his all to achieve his personal goals and by doing that will go some way to help with all our goals.

the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:00 pm Ive listened to this and sorry its just not cutting it with me. He has had his nose put out with possible losing his starting spot or maybe he thinks he has. He clearly said he was wrong saying things and he did disrespect our club but didnt show much remorse.

Threw his dummy out the pram

He should have been back earlier as there were plenty of holes in his explaination why he didnt come back and I would guess he was touting himself for a move but didnt get it or things may have been different.

He said the club were in regular contact with him!
WHY If there were no issues?

All that said I do believe he will give his all to achieve his personal goals and by doing that will go some way to help with all our goals.
thats called good management if you ask me.

You have 2 employees who are currently on the other side of the world after being given a longer pre-season break, so i would expect one or both of AL / KR to have been in regular contact with both players, along with the conditioning coach

but that sort of good management doesnt fit with quite a few poster's on here, who have nothing better to gripe about on a forum than calling Hastings for being in Oz, not wanting to come back, not looking interested in playing for Wigan, why isnt he back (for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and umteenth time on here)

I could be wrong, but as a people manager for many years, if i have an employee who is working away, off work (ie long term sick), i remain in regular contact with them as i consider that to be part of my role and a sign of good people management
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’m not quoting the above post but it is all about man management no issues from me he’s back and we see how he goes,he throws his toys out the stroller no NRL contract it seems to me,he plays well he may,and I stress may have a chance of going home though I do think he may well have burnt a few bridges down over there but we shall see.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I'm not concerned about his future. I have every confidence that he will perform well for Wigan this season and that is all that matters. Lam needs to put him in the team for the Leigh game, quite simply he is the best we have.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:48 pm I'm not concerned about his future. I have every confidence that he will perform well for Wigan this season and that is all that matters. Lam needs to put him in the team for the Leigh game, quite simply he is the best we have.
Precisely........ play our best team and dont understimate leigh....... they hate us and will gladly beat us and lose there next 2-3 games........ get in there and play at full intensity and we blow them away......obviously against salford we were no where near but thats friendlies for ya....... im hoping at least two of hastings,french, manfedi, gilly and the new lad play
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Its not improtant to have them available now. Its important at playoff time. Don't risk them until they are fully fit.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Mike wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:34 pm Its not improtant to have them available now. Its important at playoff time. Don't risk them until they are fully fit.
Yep, I've been saying this for years.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:34 pm Its not improtant to have them available now. Its important at playoff time. Don't risk them until they are fully fit.
Hastings is fully fit.