Orr (again)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiganrldeanh

Orr (again)

Post by wiganrldeanh »

I was wondering if orr's performance has proved himself too the fans on here that always put a bad word in against him.
standishcat

Re: Orr (again)

Post by standishcat »

Well I thought he was fantastic tonight, as was Moran.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

He was superb in attack and defence, hes shown over the previous 5 or 6 games previous to tonight that hes getting bak to his best, and tonight he was immense for us againt arguably the best team in the league, any of the doubters now who still criticize him need hanging, its only stubborness that will keep them from heaping praise on him after his recent form and especially tonight, but no doubt Daveover and his ass train of butt buddies will have something negative to say as usual, and as usual I will pretty much ignore what they have to say.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

orr next years captain??? :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

Now now Chris :wink: .

Ok, Orr was impressive tonight, probably the best and most influential player on the pitch, but, you have to admit he die off abit in the second half. If he could keep his first half performance up all through next weeks game, he will dominate Hooper or whoever plays stand-off, and if Moran performs we stand a great chance.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

He did go quiet, but notice he didnt have any runners to pick up or use as dummy runners, its not a coincidence that we stopped running for the halves as we did in the first half that Leeds got back into the game, things arent as black and white as one player going quiet, there are reasons, like i just mentioned.
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

True, but it's like the chicken and the egg. What come first, the forwards going forward giving the half-backs a platform, or the half-backs creating a platform whcih provides the forwards with oppurtunity to go forward?

Anyway, i'm not trying to take the shine of his performance, Orr was superb tonight and i'm happy for him.
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

i thought both orr and moran were fantastic 2nite, nice to see our half backs threatening the oppostion line. i thought there were times 2nite when we had a couple of options when close to the opposition line, earlier this season we appeared to have no options at all. Good work Ian Millward you have got 2 under acheiving half backs starting to play together, cant wait to see them behind a good pack next year
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wizard_Millward posted:
Now now Chris :wink: .

Ok, Orr was impressive tonight, probably the best and most influential player on the pitch, but, you have to admit he die off abit in the second half. If he could keep his first half performance up all through next weeks game, he will dominate Hooper or whoever plays stand-off, and if Moran performs we stand a great chance.
Oh come on, the team is still very much under strength and dare I say it without giving the anti-Orr brigade ammunition he might have got a bit tired due to his tackling.

Both Moran and Orr were great.

I also thought Hanson had a very good game, backing up all night and of course he was on hand to power over for the winning try.

He showed some great thinking tonight with his support play I thought.

Dave
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

DaveO posted:

I also thought Hanson had a very good game, backing up all night and of course he was on hand to power over for the winning try.

He showed some great thinking tonight with his support play I thought.

Dave
i thought that he played great aswell very strong and confident player and he showed us that tonight with that try.

also is it me of did the 1st half go on forever?