I hope this isnt true

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
JIMH

I hope this isnt true

Post by JIMH »

I dont normally listen to a lot of the gossip that goes about before matches but this came from the press box (i sit next to them in the west stand) They claimed Terry Newton has signed a 4 year deal with the bulls from next year. (ive got a stiff vodka in my hand to calm me down)

I really hope this is not true!!!!

at the same time ricky higham was at the ground tonight

If true i cant see how this would benefit us as Terry is currently GB no.1 hooker. We cannot let our best players go to rivals, losing farrel was bad enough at least he wont be facing us to pile even more misery on us.

I REALLY HOPE THIS IS NOT TRUE AND JUST A CRUEL JOKE BY THE PRESS GUYS
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
ChrisA

Re: I hope this isnt true

Post by ChrisA »

I hope it isnt true, and you would think that if it is its Terry who wants to leave, i cant see the club pushing him out.
Regarding Higham, I regard him as the 3rd best British hooker behind KC and Terry, so if it is true and he is to leave, Higham will not let us down, he has a great rugby league brain and his pace is superb for a hooker, and he can slot in at scrum half and do a very good job also.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

JIMH posted:
Micky Higham was working as summariser for GMR at the JJB tonight - although he has been linked to the club. However, other rumours suggst that Saints won't let him leave if he wants to join Wigan.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

I cant see us letting Terry leave unles we get a replacement sorted first, unlike Farrel he hasnt been here 14 years an all that, I think ML and IM will insist on finding a replacemet before agreeing to him leaving if thats what he really wants, and this time we had better get a fee.
Mike is correct he was working with GMR tonight, he is quite good when hes on their summarising, he knows his stuff.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

JIMH posted:

Helping with the commentating for GMR I think, so hopefully that explains it.
If true i cant see how this would benefit us as Terry is currently GB no.1 hooker. We cannot let our best players go to rivals, losing farrel was bad enough at least he wont be facing us to pile even more misery on us.
No we can't and after the way he played tonight I would not believe it if we were that stupid.

Dave
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

i agree with you chris, higham is the 3rd best hooker in the country problem is terry is no.1 or 2. also higham seems to spend as much time injured as a certain irish bloke we have managed to shift to aussie. i cant see how getting rid of one of the best hookers in the game to a main rival could ever help our club.

again I REALLY HOPE THIS ISNT TRUE!!!

p.s. i always say it but im feeling a little more confident WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!!!
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

I rate fatty as the best hooker and Terry a very cloe second and then Higahm comes in third, hes way better than Diskin and Alker. Hes only been bad with injuries this year as far as I remember.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

JIMH posted:

again I REALLY HOPE THIS ISNT TRUE!!!

p.s. i always say it but im feeling a little more confident WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!!!
i dont think anyone wants it too be true

and i think that we are all on a high tonight after that shock win!
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I don't want him to go. Break my heart lol. :blush: But if he does, then I guess we'll have to get over it and hope for a good replacement - I think Wagga's capable but I wouldn't say no to Higham if Terry did go.
JARJAR

Post by JARJAR »

Terry seems to have been given more freedom by IM to play the game as he see's best (and which maybe why at times he takes his eye off the position of the opposition as was the case with Leeds last try that could have won them the match)but if IM can keep Terry happy with this freedom then I think he will stay.