Stats Under Millward

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Stats Under Millward

Post by ChrisA »

Including tonight we have won 7 lost 5 under Milly(league games), including 4 wins on the bounce now, hopefully with these wins under our belt the confidence will be a little higher and we will give Saints a game, we always raise our game at home, its gonna be alot harder than tonight, but I am very much looking forward to it.
DaveO

Re: Stats Under Millward

Post by DaveO »

When I saw the thread title I thought it said "Saints Under Millward".

I have been thinking ever since I was leaving the ground that the victory tonight was right out of the Millward/Saints scrap book.

How many times did Saints under Millward pull off a victory like that in the dying moments of a game?

Does anyone think we could have done that before Millward arrived even though we were not as badly off back then with injuries as we are now?

The chap who sits next to me said "Millward won us that game" as we left and I was thinking the same thing.

I think Millward is working his magic in that he is getting players to believe in themselves.

We still will be lucky to reach the playoffs IMO but tonights game not only ought to go along way to silencing the Orr/Moran doubters but also those who question Millwards coaching ability.

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

DaveO posted:

We still will be lucky to reach the playoffs IMO but tonights game not only ought to go along way to silencing the Orr/Moran doubters but also those who question Millwards coaching ability.

Dave
That was one of my points in this thread, and also on a topic I made a while back, he is gettin players to belive in themselves alot more, tonight our passing was the best i've seen all year, it looked alot more natural rather than the forced style we have seen to much of this year, they looked like a team who wanted to play rugby and try to entertain a little. All our guys look alot happier in their play and look more confident in everything they try.

Also on a sidenote, I was buzzin when the final whistle went, it wasnt just the result, it was Morans reaction to it, he went ment berserk and was just jumping everywhere and on everybody, then when he they did a lap at the end he was joining in with the crowds chanting in the east stand and clapping away and joined in with the "Warriors" chant at the end, and then Millward came over and hugged him and Orr(and every other player out there), it sent me home in an even better mood, what a night :D
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Also on a sidenote, I was buzzin when the final whistle went, it wasnt just the result, it was Morans reaction to it, he went ment berserk and was just jumping everywhere and on everybody, then when he they did a lap at the end he was joining in with the crowds chanting in the east stand and clapping away and joined in with the "Warriors" chant at the end, and then Millward came over and hugged him and Orr(and every other player out there), it sent me home in an even better mood, what a night
Me too. Sent tingles down my spine to see the happiness of the players and also to be chanting with everyone. Was brilliant, I could not stop grinning. It's always good to see players feeding off the atmosphere and Moran was totally doing that. And seeing Millie with the lads too - it's great. :)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ChrisA posted:

Also on a sidenote, I was buzzin when the final whistle went, it wasnt just the result, it was Morans reaction to it, he went ment berserk and was just jumping everywhere and on everybody, then when he they did a lap at the end he was joining in with the crowds chanting in the east stand and clapping away and joined in with the "Warriors" chant at the end, and then Millward came over and hugged him and Orr(and every other player out there), it sent me home in an even better mood, what a night :D
Yes I noticed how happy Moran looked. It really was great to see.

Edit: Oh and I was doing my niut at the end as well :D

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

It looks like the majority on Wigan fans are now warimg to Millward, after recent results and seeing the guys improve so much under him its no real surprise, aswel you can see his heart is in this club of ours now and he really wants the best for us, the amount of times hes complemeted the fans is great to see, he has my support and most others by now I think, its just the odd few like our very own Ian Birchall who have a beef with his appointment.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

He certainly has my support. Although some fans still wind me up, even one of my own friends. When I told her tonight that he was walking round with the lads at the end she told me I should've "shot him" cos she "still hates him" - I know he was Saints boss but it's time to get over it.
JARJAR

Post by JARJAR »

Whether we make the play offs or not the signs are good for next year especially with the senior and junior academies doing so well.IMO Millward is bringing back the pride in the players to wear our shirt and even players with average ability are beleiving in themselves and are turning in some awesome performances.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

That game had Millward stamped all over it. An awesome performance with so many reserve players involved. Just think how good his record would be if we hadn't had Kirkpatrick for 3 home games under Millward.

I was gutted before kick off as I forgot my season ticket and had to pay to get in, but that was soon forgotten with that display. I'm encouraged by some of the young forwards we have at the club and hope that we can get one or two of them for under £20k.

Looking forward to next season. It will be a big step towards a return to glory.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Alex the Warrior posted:
I was gutted before kick off as I forgot my season ticket and had to pay to get in,
You should not need to do that. My Dad has forgetten his in the past but got in "free" with a ticket issued for his own seat in the East stand.

Dave