Discipline

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pearsy

Discipline

Post by pearsy »

Why have we got poor disaplin no facts but we always seam worse than the team we are playing?
nathan_rugby

Re: Disaplin

Post by nathan_rugby »

What do the numbers say for opening 4 games?

Penalties & set restarts vs our opponents?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I think the problem is more where and when we transgress. Like on the last tackle or when we are deep in opposition territory. I don't think we are a dirty side, most of it is 'youthful exuberance' but we just need to be smarter.
I wouldn't like to be like the current Saints side, for example, who now look a bit like the old Leeds teams with Malingering Coote, Wind-up Merchant LMS, All-Round Mr Nasty Bentley and all the general slowing-down at the PTB we saw last night. Looks like it's a ploy under Wolf's coaching system. I'd much rather watch us in action.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Wigan gave away 7 penalties last night Cas gave 8!!

https://www.superleague.co.uk/match-centre/report/3439
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We always seem to concede late in the penalty count whereas we get pens on the 1st and 2nd tackle....... not sure why
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:55 am We always seem to concede late in the penalty count whereas we get pens on the 1st and 2nd tackle....... not sure why
This is where you need better game management, leadership and to play smart.

The second this happens, the captain should be all over it and giving a dressing down to the team to make sure it doesn't happen again.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

No straw damn us wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:50 am Wigan gave away 7 penalties last night Cas gave 8!!

https://www.superleague.co.uk/match-centre/report/3439
Exactly why you have to look at the numbers and not rely on hunches.

Southern Softy has highlighted a good point and it isn't something the stats will show unfortunately and that is where in the tackle count and on the pitch does the penalty get conceded.
moto748

Re: Discipline

Post by moto748 »

We all remember penalties given away on the last tackle, as we groan about it. But do the Warriors give away pens late in the tackle count any more than other sides (it's always going to happen occasionally)?

I see no reason to assume so. Unless someone has chapter and verse that says different.