hooter at jjb

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiganese

hooter at jjb

Post by wiganese »

is too quiet.
last night at the end, half the crowd thought the hooter had gone, whilst the other half wern't sure. its very difficult to hear it, as was shown earlier this season (i can't remember who against) when we scored a try just after the hooter had sounded for half time.
surely they can do something to make it louder, maybe stick a microphone near it and play it through the PA system.
does anyone else think its too quiet, particularly when there is a big crowd in?
mike binder

Re: hooter at jjb

Post by mike binder »

it was against london when we scored and tony rae went mad yes its very quiet like the leeds fans at the end what a site to see that twice in a week :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I didn't hear it last night. Some of the players were celebrating, the Leeds players continued to play-on, the ref didn't look too sure to be honest either.

It was against London last time that Carney played the ball after the hooter and Rea was going mental.

Widnes do a 'beep' over PA system at half and full time, there's no reason why they can't do that at Wigan as well as the traditional hooter I wouldn't have thought!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

I agree about the hooter it needs to be made loader.

What happen to our count down clock, it hasn't been used since the game when the hooter went with 01:30+ left and no one seemed to know what was going o. It has only been wrong once so why get rid of it. Its good to know how long is left especially in a game like last nights
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

The clock had been wrong on a few occassions which I guess is why it is no longer used. Oppositions were complaining that the hooter had gone when the clock indicated there was time left to play.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i didn,t hear the hooter last night either and i also thought the game ran on by just over a minute
Champions

Post by Champions »

The Timer may have been wrong a few times, but when it's right it's great......especially when we can count down to a famous victory! :D
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

The timer wasnt an official clock. it was just there to give us an idea on how longs left.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Think the south standers celebrated about 5 times because we couldn't hear the hooter :D The whole "loud" system is wrong at Wigan, you can't hear anything anyone says over the microphone before the game or at half time, can't hear most of the subs and can't hear the hooter at big games. Get it sorted Wigan!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!