2 Game ban for Zak

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

2 Game ban for Zak

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

2 game ban for head butt.

Joel grade D refer to tribunal .

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/58 ... view-panel

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Suzieb

Re: 2 Game ban for Zak

Post by Suzieb »

Put manfredi at fullback,I'm sure he played there in his junior days.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Deserved Ban.

But if Joel has been referrer to a tribunal why only a yellow on a match day.

Closeline someone instead of tackling red

Headbutt red

Headshot - yellow

Punching someone in the face 3 times - yellow

:lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Player has been head butted and flicks head out to shrug opponent off. Worthy of on field penalty

That's the description of what Sam apparently did when he had been head-butted. I mean - are they serious? Just what are you supposed to do when your arms are held and someone head buts you? Say "I'm awfully sorry you feel that way - could you desist please?

Slightly wary about Joel Tomkins' offence being deemed to be worse than Hardaker's. Surely the first offence is always worse.

That being said, they both deserve a ban - not sure that Joel should get more games out though.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Southern Softy wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:16 pm Player has been head butted and flicks head out to shrug opponent off. Worthy of on field penalty

That's the description of what Sam apparently did when he had been head-butted. I mean - are they serious? Just what are you supposed to do when your arms are held and someone head buts you? Say "I'm awfully sorry you feel that way - could you desist please?

Slightly wary about Joel Tomkins' offence being deemed to be worse than Hardaker's. Surely the first offence is always worse.

That being said, they both deserve a ban - not sure that Joel should get more games out though.
Throwing a punch to the face more serious than a head but punching 3 times is were it became serious.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Suzieb wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:52 pm Put manfredi at fullback,I'm sure he played there in his junior days.
Hanley for me.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I think Umyla should be given at least a couple of games at fullback to see how he goes. He's had a few games out of position and now's his chance playing at 1. With the injuries/ban that we have this is a chance to let him have a go without too much pressure. i.e. 'you're our best option and we don't expect perfection'. So long as he doesn't lose confidence give him a go. According to Lammy, Gilly will be fit (again) so that helps out the backline a bit.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Deserved for the head butt.

No mention of the hand-between-the-legs tackle? I thought they'd have picked up on it, and he'd get 2 more.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Deserved the ban Joel will get a couple as well I presume
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:25 pm Deserved the ban Joel will get a couple as well I presume
3-5 Grade D charge.