Silverwood Wrong

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Silverwood Wrong

Post by mrs_carney »

Cummings has said that silverwood was wrong about the call of a drop out when crabtree caught the ball. Which means the game could have resulted in a draw. They're going to review the ref's performances and see if silverwood will receive any form of penalty. Just shows that cummings can't stick up for every wrong decision, is that about the 1st one he's said was wrong this season?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Tom_McCooey

Re: Silverwood Wrong

Post by Tom_McCooey »

Yay I was right for once!
Wigan 'til I die.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

While we are at it, Laughton wants hanging out to dry after all the forward passes he missed/ignored on Firday.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

ChrisA posted:
While we are at it, Laughton wants hanging out to dry after all the forward passes he missed/ignored on Firday.
i thought the rules had been changed because leeds got away with so many forward passes and he wasn,t to hot at dealing with the head shots they where handing out either
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
Just shows that cummings can't stick up for every wrong decision, is that about the 1st one he's said was wrong this season?
I am amazed. I suppose since the player stood his ground to show the ref what he had done this wasn't something you could say was down to the refs interpretation such as when to call held when KK screwed that up with us.

Instead all you had to do is check out the rules and since most people can read this left Cummins with little option.

The consiquences are great though. It has probably ensured London reach the playoffs and has certainly killed Hudds chances off leaving us relying on Salford to beat London to give us a chance.

I have got to say I think the playoffs this year are turning into a farce before they even begin.

We have mistakes like this and clubs importing players specially for the playoffs. Morely is now free to play for Bradford as the Roosters failed to qualify.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I still can't see anything about a penalty in the rules, other than the bit I quoted in the original thread, which seems to support Silverwood's decision.
I'll await SC's sky column with interest.
willie c

Post by willie c »

it should have been a pen to the giants it is only a drop out when a defending player steps over the dead ball line from a kick in general play
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fropm the RFL rules, section 8

"6. A player who kicks off or drops-out shall be penalised if he
(b) kicks the ball on the full over the touch line, touch in-goal, or over the dead ball line."

No mention of any player being involved, but in the Notes it says...

"Should a kick be made dead by a defending player
straddling the dead ball line or touch in-goal line, play will restart with a goal line drop-out
."

Not limited to any particular type of kick. I'm interested to see which rule SC is looking at, if he is, in fact saying Silverwood was wrong.

willie c

Post by willie c »

sc states that the straddling rule pretains to a kick in general play and what crabtree did wasnt affected by rule change brought in two year ago
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

The rule is about batting the ball out, rather than catching it. As when caught it is deemed to be out on the full, rather than 'made dead.'
Wigan 'til I die.