Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: Williams to Wire.

Post by Dan2266 »

My only slight question over all this is…. For Warrington to physically sign Williams someone from wire has to have signed for someone else, they need to be off the cap before Williams can be on the cap. So the paperwork has to have been signed for a warrington player leaving before Williams can join. And I’ve seen nothing of any wire players signing for another club. Apart from the odd Widdop/Austin rumour
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 am I'm struggling to understand what Danson is going to bring to Wigan. If we have lost out on our main target for the sake of lets say £150k. Why on earth has a billionaire part owner not just gave the club that money. they'd get it back and probably more off the back of his signing.

and before anyone says "billionaires are billionaires for a reason" its 150k to a billionaire.

Its like average joe giving £15 to the club to seal a massive transfer. Ridiculous that its got to this. Biggest club in the country is being ruined day by day.
He wasn't announced as becoming a stake holder so I personally don't believe its a case of what's the point of being an owner.

I think it's more either a case of he wanted the stadium or he was stopping the club going bust.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Ah well let's move on !

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:33 am My only slight question over all this is…. For Warrington to physically sign Williams someone from wire has to have signed for someone else, they need to be off the cap before Williams can be on the cap. So the paperwork has to have been signed for a warrington player leaving before Williams can join. And I’ve seen nothing of any wire players signing for another club. Apart from the odd Widdop/Austin rumour
I'd take ratchford in a heartbeat so underrated
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Caboosegg wrote:
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:33 am My only slight question over all this is…. For Warrington to physically sign Williams someone from wire has to have signed for someone else, they need to be off the cap before Williams can be on the cap. So the paperwork has to have been signed for a warrington player leaving before Williams can join. And I’ve seen nothing of any wire players signing for another club. Apart from the odd Widdop/Austin rumour
I'd take ratchford in a heartbeat so underrated
Spot on!!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I'm starting to appreciate how the Cas, Wakey and Salford fans feel every year. Losing out to the bigger clubs for signings and not being able to hold onto our best players. Let's sign some players rejected by the big clubs and hope for the best. I wasn't expecting this day to come so quickly but it's been on the cards for some time. Never mind, there are more important thing in life. Come on you (mighty?) warriors.
Last edited by southportcdm on Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Whatever is happening and it all seems somewhat? confusing one thing sticks out a mile.
The Club's PR has been pathetic since we didn't sign up Shaun Edwards although the rumours this was true were out for months before it became official. This pantomime does however take the biscuit.
We should poach Cooper as well as Ratchford since it sounds like Williams is getting paid as much as those two put together.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 am I'm struggling to understand what Danson is going to bring to Wigan. If we have lost out on our main target for the sake of lets say £150k. Why on earth has a billionaire part owner not just gave the club that money. they'd get it back and probably more off the back of his signing.

and before anyone says "billionaires are billionaires for a reason" its 150k to a billionaire.

Its like average joe giving £15 to the club to seal a massive transfer. Ridiculous that its got to this. Biggest club in the country is being ruined day by day.
It’s great spending other people’s money isn’t it?

You don’t know his cash reserves do you but because he’s a billionaire he must have money,it does annoy me this sort of post
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:17 am Now I'm hearing another twist. Wigan are trying to offer another deal. I've just been told Wigan think he has signed for Wire now I'm being told Wigan are upping the offer, why would they do that if they think he has signed.... have they been told he hasn't signed?

Is this just a Williams agent PR stunt to get what he wants from Wigan :roll:

I agree we shouldn't just chuck money at him, but if he is our main target and an ex fan favourite then Wigan need to be seen to be doing everything possible to get him.
Sorry Dan but sounds more like a Lenaghan PR stunt, Shaun Edward all over again.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Heard they are trying to de register inglis. For this season