England squad confirmed for Combined Nations All Stars clash

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Welski

Re: England squad confirmed for Combined Nations All Stars clash

Post by Welski »

Kiss of life !come on boys
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Welski

Post by Welski »

Another solid kick
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

The players missing will make a difference.
Still think we are miles behind the Aussies and kiwis.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I enjoyed the game, it was competitive and the all stars really gave it a go. If the clubs took it seriously and allowed time for the fixture it could become a useful game for England. Those possible England players playing for the all stars had something to prove and it added to the emotion of the game. However, as others have said tonight, there was a worrying lack of real quality. After watching Origin 1 last week I couldn't name a single player on the pitch tonight that would get into the NSW team.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Well I enjoyed the game, thought Faz was great & it was a good test for both teams & players.

Waney heaped praise on McShane but I didn’t think he did much except chase down one of their players but seemed to miss tackles with opposition players were close to him. Will need to watch the game back tomorrow on Sky. Was sat just to the side of Jon Wilkin & Dave Woods.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I know people have said they’d have Sam T over Hardaker at full back but I don’t think it would be a good idea when your playing teams like Australia, NZ and Tonga.
Yes I will admit he will offer that bit more in attack as he is quite skilful but his weakness is in defence, being lightweight doesn’t help either as we all know the above teams are all reasonably strong and big their back line.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:17 am I know people have said they’d have Sam T over Hardaker at full back but I don’t think it would be a good idea when your playing teams like Australia, NZ and Tonga.
Yes I will admit he will offer that bit more in attack as he is quite skilful but his weakness is in defence, being lightweight doesn’t help either as we all know the above teams are all reasonably strong and big their back line.
If you are relying on your fullback to save the day defensively you have already lost the match.

As long the fullback can organise the try line defense, isn't outnof position and offers a spark in attack I'm happy.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Just watched Origin 2 and. after seeing the quality of the aussie players, I don't think that playing both Sam and Zak at fullback would be sufficient. England are well short in all areas but we can always dream.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:20 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:17 am I know people have said they’d have Sam T over Hardaker at full back but I don’t think it would be a good idea when your playing teams like Australia, NZ and Tonga.
If you are relying on your fullback to save the day defensively you have already lost the match.

As long the fullback can organise the try line defense, isn't outnof position and offers a spark in attack I'm happy.
It’s not about relying on the FB to make that important tackle, it’s being capable of doing it. Because let’s face it the top teams are going to break our defence and we need a FB capable of tackle these guys one on one
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I get that, but it still seems the kind of negative thinking that made us play Sinfield in the halves. The Roosters have got some skinny teenager starring for them right now in the halves, they ain't scared! Fortunately, the game isn't even now just about brawn; it's the balance that makes it so great.