Squad for Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Squad for Wakefield

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:35 am Lam interview saying Wigan lack confidence.
Yes they do lack confidence, in YOU!!!
It's Shows Lam has no idea how to fix the issues.

We again camped on then opposition line for a large chunk of the first half and got nothing, but instead of changing the attack plan, throw a dummy etc.we seemed content to continue to try and barge over
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:29 am
Barney841 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:35 am Lam interview saying Wigan lack confidence.
Yes they do lack confidence, in YOU!!!
It's Shows Lam has no idea how to fix the issues.

We again camped on then opposition line for a large chunk of the first half and got nothing, but instead of changing the attack plan, throw a dummy etc.we seemed content to continue to try and barge over
Ive always said we never create with tommy…… he has hardly ever put someone through a gap and has only performed at the side of a quality half….. hes got other qualities,of course he has, but we have seemed so poor close to the try line for years….. it seriously needs fixing
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Lam does seem to have a cunning plan where the attack is concerned,a plan so cunning Baldrick would be proud of,it seems,and I’m just a humble fan who’s spotted this fool proof plan,the plan is “give the ball to French without fail”

What could go wrong with such a well thought out cunning plan such as that?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He looked sad & dejected last night coming off the pitch with Lockers but still said hello.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:14 pm He looked sad & dejected last night coming off the pitch with Lockers but still said hello.
Irrespective of how he looked Josie, did you not have the urge to say Goodbye!!

Couldn't resist, please don't hate my humour 🙈 it's what many are thinking 🤣🤣🤪
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

AL never offers an explanation about his master plans and as to why he chooses to play anyone at full back other than Hanley. What is his thinking? because I've lost the will to live. I can't wait for the next instalment of what's my plan against Wire.
Hanley was the only option last night, He may have been crap but he would have been crap in his true position. Why was he promoted to the first team squad if he still doesn't get a chance when there is no other option? Mind boggling.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

eaststandspy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:50 pm AL never offers an explanation about his master plans and as to why he chooses to play anyone at full back other than Hanley. What is his thinking? because I've lost the will to live. I can't wait for the next instalment of what's my plan against Wire.
Hanley was the only option last night, He may have been crap but he would have been crap in his true position. Why was he promoted to the first team squad if he still doesn't get a chance when there is no other option? Mind boggling.
We have hardaker back for Warrington so fullback isn't the issue next week.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:03 pm
eaststandspy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:50 pm AL never offers an explanation about his master plans and as to why he chooses to play anyone at full back other than Hanley. What is his thinking? because I've lost the will to live. I can't wait for the next instalment of what's my plan against Wire.
We have hardaker back for Warrington so fullback isn't the issue next week.
Yeah your right. The other problem is Lams tactics(or should I say no tactics?) and starting line up
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:41 pm
pedro wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:37 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:33 pm Cant help but feel hard done by this round. Saints game called off, Warrington happen to be playing Leigh…. Wigan had a tough game with plenty of players missing… We seem to be the only “top” side to lose out to this International fixture
Warrington have 5 players in the game
And are playing Leigh…… they could have lost another 2 or 3 to the fixture and still of beaten Leigh
we played wakefield who were missing about 8 players
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If he knows they are lacking in confidence then why didn't he get the message out to kick the two pens v HKR early in the game. Score on the board is bound to raise morale and hopefully raise their game.

So it's not just us fans who are lacking confidence.