Shaun Wane set for Wigan Warriors return... but will Adrian Lam still have a role?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Shaun Wane set for Wigan Warriors return... but will Adrian Lam still have a role?

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:36 pm I agree

Maybe he should have used "easilytakenforamug" or "yourabetterfanthanme"

I got ripped off by the club last season, agreed the "crisis" was out of their hands but how it dealt with fans since stunk lower than whale shit. Hence over 30 years of season tickets I've ended my religious purchasing and supporting of this badly run bunch of charlatans masquerading as a "team"

So how about some perspective - yeah???!!!!

And I still retain my right to comment as well before your next "quip"
How did the club deal with fans poorly? I am curious.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ian.birchall

Re: Shaun Wane set for Wigan Warriors return... but will Adrian Lam still have a role?

Post by ian.birchall »

And watching last night's All Stars game we will end up with a Coach who plays with second row forwards as centres and the best 13 in the country picked at prop.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

ian.birchall wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:45 am And watching last night's All Stars game we will end up with a Coach who plays with second row forwards as centres and the best 13 in the country picked at prop.
Did he have much choice? Walmsley was withdrawn from the squad on Thursday, his centres in the initial squad were Percival, Gildart, Sarginson and Newman, none of those were available.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

No straw damn us wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:43 am
ian.birchall wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:45 am And watching last night's All Stars game we will end up with a Coach who plays with second row forwards as centres and the best 13 in the country picked at prop.
Did he have much choice? Walmsley was withdrawn from the squad on Thursday, his centres in the initial squad were Percival, Gildart, Sarginson and Newman, none of those were available.
No such excuses made on Lam's behalf though of course.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:53 am
No straw damn us wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:43 am
No such excuses made on Lam's behalf though of course.
Lam has a full back available but played a half back and Winger there instead the last 2 matches
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Lam has a full back available but played a half back and Winger there instead the last 2 matches
Exactly! Ironically the only sympathy I have for Lam from a selection point of view is if ever have a fully fit team. If we do because of the way the recruitment has been done he’d have to try and fit Hardaker, French, Field, Gildart, Bibby, Marshall, Manfredi, Smith, Hastings and TL into the backs while having a bunch of kids and two crap senior props to pick from in the front row.

Anyway back on topic a bit, does anyone think if the next two games are a disaster results-wise Lam will get the sack with this rumoured new regime installed early?

When things are going from bad to worse it’s usually the coach who takes the blame and gets the boot because you can’t change the entire team but you can fire the coach.

If Lam can’t motivate the players and get their confidence back nothing will change so we need someone who can get more out of the players we have including the young props. Given sacking Lam would be sacking a coach mid-season which would be first for IL, will IL have the guts to fire off Lam mid-season?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I don't think Lam will be sacked this season. Wane may come in early if the World Cup is cancelled, but Lam won't be going anywhere I'd expect. That's just not how IL works given the experience of every other coaching transition we've had.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:I don't think Lam will be sacked this season. Wane may come in early if the World Cup is cancelled, but Lam won't be going anywhere I'd expect. That's just not how IL works given the experience of every other coaching transition we've had.
You are probably right but if correct it’s just another example of why the club looks to be going backwards. If the coach has lost the dressing room and if the results are terrible, IL doing nothing and letting the team limp to the end of the season would not go down well. It would look like he can’t be bothered.

Lose heavily to Saints and Wire he must surely do something even if it is only to try and make excuses.