French stays

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: French stays

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wigan would jump at the chance to sign him long term . And I hope he stays for a long time. He is pure class and can win games something seriously lacking in the team. Of headless chickens running around at moment. Even if he only stays next season can't see anything negative about it.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mike wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:51 pm
pedro wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:58 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:38 pm

How do you work that out. Would you have liked him to not take extra year. Every player in rl puts himself in shop window that's how they earn a living better the player better the pay at wherever they play. Ask Williams
its easy to work out, if it was in our favour and we didnt extend he would be going back to Aus with a year out injured looking for a club and probably would end up in reserve grade again, now he has the chance to regain fitness and put himself in the window to return home a year later, if hes lost any pace from it then hes cooked as it was his main weapon
So we wanted him out?
never said that, but we had no choice as it was in his favour not ours
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:10 pm Wigan would jump at the chance to sign him long term . And I hope he stays for a long time. He is pure class and can win games something seriously lacking in the team. Of headless chickens running around at moment. Even if he only stays next season can't see anything negative about it.
I wish he would stay long term too, cracking player 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

pedro wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:17 pm

its easy to work out, if it was in our favour and we didnt extend he would be going back to Aus with a year out injured looking for a club and probably would end up in reserve grade again, now he has the chance to regain fitness and put himself in the window to return home a year later, if hes lost any pace from it then hes cooked as it was his main weapon
So we wanted him out?
They all are but not worth the paper it's wrote on and could have been left out so could say it's worked in Wigan's favour. Sl clubs would have been falling over there selves to sign him .
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

So we wanted him out?
So we wanted him to stay then?

You wrote that him staying was selfishly motivated and we should be upset about that. But you do want him to stay too?

Sounds like it was both in his and the clubs interest for him to stay. Which is a win win situation. Everyone's happy. Obviously except on here.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

French and Field are not world class but they are/will be top players in SL, I am more than glad they are on our books.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:31 am French and Field are not world class but they are/will be top players in SL, I am more than glad they are on our books.
Me too 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
HDS

Post by HDS »

If our pack could get us on the front foot more often, and with Hastings pulling the strings. French and Field
would cause havoc.

Sadly with the injuries and Hastings leaving at the end of the season we probably wont see them all playing together.
keptinthedarkfans

HDS wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:55 am If our pack could get us on the front foot more often, and with Hastings pulling the strings. French and Field
would cause havoc.

Sadly with the injuries and Hastings leaving at the end of the season we probably wont see them all playing together.
Think your spot on. But like you said not going to happen. can hope a top halfback is brought in. We can but dream. Personally settle for new coach first.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mike wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:21 pm

So we wanted him out?
So we wanted him to stay then?

You wrote that him staying was selfishly motivated and we should be upset about that. But you do want him to stay too?

Sounds like it was both in his and the clubs interest for him to stay. Which is a win win situation. Everyone's happy. Obviously except on here.
Who said that? That’s twice now you’ve said I’ve said things that I haven’t….

We had no choice if we wanted him to stay as it was in his favour