French stays

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

French stays

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266

Re: French stays

Post by Dan2266 »

I was told categorically he was leaving to return home to family. :roll: Wigan have somehow convinced him to stay.

French staying probably means Zak to centre next year with either Bibby/Thornley his partner.

Bibby could also be penned in for the wing, but I cant see this when Marshall is fit & the lad from London coming in.

Hopefully the retention of French is a sign of more positive things to come out the club.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Gut feeling I don’t think he will get a gig in the NRL as fine a player as he is the monsters that roam over there he’s a little on the slight side.

I trust as well he will be back for a full pre season I understand family issues make life hard but to me I can’t help but wonder if he’s had a full pre season he would be still out on the park terrorising defences this season but my crystal ball is in for its MOT at the moment
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:32 am Gut feeling I don’t think he will get a gig in the NRL as fine a player as he is the monsters that roam over there he’s a little on the slight side.

I trust as well he will be back for a full pre season I understand family issues make life hard but to me I can’t help but wonder if he’s had a full pre season he would be still out on the park terrorising defences this season but my crystal ball is in for its MOT at the moment
There wont be an issue with him coming back, the club have been great with him in his words and he wants to repay that, I know he still has a tough time accepting the GF defeat, this injury will be making it worse. Hopefully when he does come back he is the Bevan we first got. absolutely electric.
Wes

Post by Wes »

French staying puts us in a much better position for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wes wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:36 am French staying puts us in a much better position for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've an awful feeling we'll play him in the halves to be honest
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Really pleased that Bevan will be with us next season but I think his choices in the NRL would have been severely reduced by his injury. Let's hope his injury isn't so bad that he'll miss the start of pre-season and start behind with his fitness like he did this year. Perhaps we should arrange for him to go home earlier and come back for a full preseason.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

southportcdm wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:09 am Really pleased that Bevan will be with us next season but I think his choices in the NRL would have been severely reduced by his injury. Let's hope his injury isn't so bad that he'll miss the start of pre-season and start behind with his fitness like he did this year. Perhaps we should arrange for him to go home earlier and come back for a full preseason.
He's gone home already mate
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Just seen that report Dan, good news all round and nice to see Bevan stating that the club has looked after him and he wants to repay their support.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

southportcdm wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:14 am Just seen that report Dan, good news all round and nice to see Bevan stating that the club has looked after him and he wants to repay their support.
Yeah he's a decent lad, I've no doubt he will repay us. Field and French both on the pitch at the same time with their pace will trouble defences. especially if we have pacey wingers as well. Field and French are probably the 2 fastest players in the league