Wigan Observor

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: Wigan Observor

Post by MrsLam »

Schalk Brits... posted:
Course it's mind games.

Millward reckons Wigan have the highest number of supporters now he is here.When he was at Saints he said their supporters were "the best in the world" :(
And now he's seen both sides and has confirmed what we already knew. I don't remember ever reading any of his thoughts on Saints fans, can remember him thanking them after a tough match but every good coach does that!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Schalk Brits... posted:
Course it's mind games.

Millward reckons Wigan have the highest number of supporters now he is here.When he was at Saints he said their supporters were "the best in the world" :(
You can only speak from experience cant you, he won a few trophies and was on top of the world, the fans were loving it and emotions run high, its easy to support a team thats winning everything, now he has come to a team not winning any trophies and in a dire state, now hes seeing fans turn up every week and support the team when the going is not good, attendances have risen this year by alot, now he knows what real fans are all about, he can now speak from experience again cant he.
So yes he may have said that about the Saints fans, and at the time he would have believed that, now having come to us and experienced much bigger crowds watching a team that hasnt won any trophies, team thats full of injuries and was at one point only 3 points above relegation, he can now safely say who he thinks are the better fans from the two teams.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i was talking to millie on fri night and you could tell he just loves being at wigan. he was standing outside the jjb signing autographs at midnight and chating with fans and he was loving it. i think if his girlfriend/wife hadn,t been there he would have stayed all night
lou-lou

Post by lou-lou »

aslong as he gets the fans on his side then Millys happy isnt he. no use being a coach if the fans dont like you. more and more people are warming to him i reckon now they have seen what he can do[/quote]
"Kids and grown ups love it so - the Happy world of Harribo"
Mr Earls 13-09-05
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

The man has obviously got a natural talent for bringing out the best in his players. Be it confidence or team spirit. I play golf with a few ex-saints players and they have all said what a great mental coach he is as well as a tactician.

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

when we met him at cardiff him and his gurl freind would of chatted all night if mr carney let them she seems very nice as well took a pic for me with milly and all the family,soon be kick off time :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
waterside glens

mike binder posted:
when we met him at cardiff him and his gurl freind would of chatted all night if mr carney let them she seems very nice as well took a pic for me with milly and all the family,soon be kick off time :lol:
she looks nice too ,should have got millie to take the picture :D
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

waterside glens posted:
mike binder posted:
she looks nice too ,should have got millie to take the picture :D
have you been in my bedroom and took a picture of my shirts i have them set out on my bed like yours :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
waterside glens

hand on heart ,i have never been in your bedroom mike.....honest :o
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

waterside glens posted:
hand on heart ,i have never been in your bedroom mike.....honest :o
:lol:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME