Squad for Wednesday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Squad for Wednesday

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:17 am Although it’s easy to point the finger at a few things Hastings did or didn’t do at fullback, I think it’s unfair. It’s an unfamiliar position, a very difficult one with aspects to the game he won’t have ever played before.
So why play him there?
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:06 pm
culinator wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:15 am I havent read the 18 pages of what others thought

For me i actually didnt mind this game at all, they played with some passion and enthusiasm, yes the execution wasnt great some(most) of the time but they played like they wanted it. That for me makes a whole world of difference win or lose.
Thank you 😊

I didn’t expect this win but the effort put in has to be appreciated, especially from the young lads who shouldn’t be playing these amount of minutes IMO
I agree Josie, the Club is killing them. Our forward recruitment has been nothing short of pathetic and criminal. A couple of hard nosed props would have sorted the problem, they don’t have to be world beaters just guys that can do their job efficiently and effectively.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:22 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:17 am Although it’s easy to point the finger at a few things Hastings did or didn’t do at fullback, I think it’s unfair. It’s an unfamiliar position, a very difficult one with aspects to the game he won’t have ever played before.
So why play him there?
Unfair on Hastings, I highly doubt he chose to play there and just accepted the coaches decision.

Lam deserves all the criticism.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:26 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:06 pm
culinator wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:15 am I havent read the 18 pages of what others thought

For me i actually didnt mind this game at all, they played with some passion and enthusiasm, yes the execution wasnt great some(most) of the time but they played like they wanted it. That for me makes a whole world of difference win or lose.
Thank you 😊

I didn’t expect this win but the effort put in has to be appreciated, especially from the young lads who shouldn’t be playing these amount of minutes IMO
I agree Josie, the Club is killing them. Our forward recruitment has been nothing short of pathetic and criminal. A couple of hard nosed props would have sorted the problem, they don’t have to be world beaters just guys that can do their job efficiently and effectively.
Completely agree with you ina week we have lost Dom manfredi Wigan a weird obsession of seemingly playing every game no matter what age these young boys,and that’s what they are but what does the club care the production line will throw another youngling out ina year or two .

An academy is there to churn players out of course WHEN they are ready not because of an injury crisis it’s a disgrace but hey “player welfare”that’s the buzz word isn’t it?
Charriots Offiah

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:39 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:22 pm
So why play him there?
Unfair on Hastings, I highly doubt he chose to play there and just accepted the coaches decision.

Lam deserves all the criticism.
I fully agree.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Just on Hanley; someone said on RLFans that he was unavailable for the game for personal reasons. I don't know whether that is correct or not, but certainly Lam has showed no signs of trusting him at full-back, and the best you can say about Hastings at full-back is that he was better than Marshall.

CheshireWarrior said he'd like to see Shorrocks given a go at 13. Maybe it's just me, but doesn't he 'more or less' play a 13 role when he does come on? He always seems to stay pretty central, gets his hands on the ball a lot... And as I've said before, he's not a prop, and nothing to do with the fact that our senior props should be doing more minutes.

He was at fault for one of Wire's tries, though. But there were some soft scores from both sides in that game. Wigan scored with a routine backline shift to the right, which the Warrington defence obligingly backed away from, allowing us to canter in, and then Gildart's try from the kick, again a routine move to the left, poorly defended. But no worries for Wire, as our defence was obligingly softer still, plus offering two interception tries.