Team to face St Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Team to face St Helens

Post by josie andrews »

Gerrumonside wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:03 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:49 pm
w.thomas wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:40 pm The worse part of that was the fact that saints weren’t even good, we gave them every point in that first half through errors or bad D. I’m not going to rant or we would be here all night. The folk that keep finding positives in such dire results though are getting me down, give it a rest please, the worlds not made out of unicorns and candy floss.
Brilliant and honest…… cant knock truth
Yeah but sorry for getting you down But I can see positives - thought we were staring down 60 odd points when reflecting after the Warrington match and whilst we have discussed the injuries or players out of position at least they still have the fight! Thought they hung in there especially in the 2nd half!

Clubb, Hardaker & Bateman not too far off returning (fingers crossed) so some hope on the horizon and the lads did try tonight.

We need to tie Kai Pearce Paul to a long contract - the lads class!
Definitely! Cracking player 😀
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:56 pm
josie andrews wrote:

Adrian Lam has never been head coach over the first team before!
Eh? I think the point was you have to go back 15 years for Wigan to have lost five in a row other than the two under Lam. Or put another way during that 15 years it’s happen twice and the coach was Lam. So that must also mean it’s happened twice in the three years Lam has been in charge.
You’ve lost me Dave? [emoji848] Mind you doesn’t take much these days [emoji1787]
It’s was you who lost me :) I didn’t understand then relevance of you comment in reply to Dan’s.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:06 pm
josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:56 pm

Eh? I think the point was you have to go back 15 years for Wigan to have lost five in a row other than the two under Lam. Or put another way during that 15 years it’s happen twice and the coach was Lam. So that must also mean it’s happened twice in the three years Lam has been in charge.
You’ve lost me Dave? Mind you doesn’t take much these days
It’s was you who lost me :) I didn’t understand then relevance of you comment in reply to Dan’s.
Dan2266 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:42 pm
Wigan have lost 5 times in a row twice in the past 15 years….. the coach both times? Adrian Lam.Says it all.
This stint of 3 years, is the first time Lam has been head coach of Wigan, so how could he have been head coach in the previous 15 years for the other 5 losses in a row?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It seems obvious enough to me; as josie says, the post implies Lam was coach 15 years ago.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:06 pm
josie andrews wrote: You’ve lost me Dave? Mind you doesn’t take much these days
Dan2266 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:42 pm
Wigan have lost 5 times in a row twice in the past 15 years….. the coach both times? Adrian Lam.Says it all.
This stint of 3 years, is the first time Lam has been head coach of Wigan, so how could he have been head coach in the previous 15 years for the other 5 losses in a row?
Ok I’ll try again :)

Assuming Dan is correct if you look at the last 15 years Wigan have lost five in a row twice.

He then said those those two five in a row losing streaks where both when Lam was coach.

So they both must have happened in the last three years.

To find the next previous five in a row losing sequence you have to go back 15 years.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:It seems obvious enough to me; as josie says, the post implies Lam was coach 15 years ago.
It seems obvious to me Dan is saying in the last 15 years Wigan have only had a five match losing run twice.

As he then said Lam was coach both times they must have occurred in the last 3 years.

To find another five match losing sequence you need to go back 15 years.

(assuming his stats are correct)
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, I get that, but you can surely see that 's a bit unclear, to say the least?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

w.thomas wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:40 pm The worse part of that was the fact that saints weren’t even good, we gave them every point in that first half through errors or bad D. I’m not going to rant or we would be here all night. The folk that keep finding positives in such dire results though are getting me down, give it a rest please, the worlds not made out of unicorns and candy floss.
Much better than a 24-0 default, and it could have been 24-14 if we'd taken all our pens under the sticks! The future is bright!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I am trying to think of a new Head Coach who could bring a much improved defence, better discipline and a more positive attitude to the squad. Also players who would run their blood to water for the club and their new coach!
Names anyone, please?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:27 pm
moto748 wrote:It seems obvious enough to me; as josie says, the post implies Lam was coach 15 years ago.
It seems obvious to me Dan is saying in the last 15 years Wigan have only had a five match losing run twice.

As he then said Lam was coach both times they must have occurred in the last 3 years.

To find another five match losing sequence you need to go back 15 years.

(assuming his stats are correct)
Still confused Dave it just makes no sense! Sorry