DAVIES PENS NEW DEAL AT DRAGONS

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

DAVIES PENS NEW DEAL AT DRAGONS

Post by josie andrews »

Catalans Dragons winger Tom Davies has signed a three-year contract with the club.

The England International has put pen to paper on a contract extension that will secure his future at the Gilbert Brutus Stadium until the end of the 2024 season.

Having progressed through the Wigan Youth Development System, Davies won the Super League Grand Final in 2018 with the Warriors. An ankle injury he suffered in April 2019 sidelined him for 16 months.

He made his return last year with the Dragons and quickly became one of the best winger of the competition, earning his first England cap last month.Since his move to the South of France, he has scored an impressive 21 tries in 20 games.

On signing a new contract, Davies said: "I’m very happy to extend my time here at the Dragons. I love it here at the club and as a region.

"I’m very lucky to be surrounded by a load of not only great teammates but great friends as well and a great coaching staff too. It’s a group I’m proud to be a part of and I hope I can help deliver success on the field in my time here."

Catalans Dragons head coach Steve McNamara said: "Tom has been outstanding for our team and club since he joined. His energy, desire and commitment are second to none.

"We look forward to seeing him continue to develop over the next 3 years."

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/2 ... at-dragons
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: DAVIES PENS NEW DEAL AT DRAGONS

Post by fozzieskem »

No surprise the lad has been on fire since his move I’d say he looks a more rounded player than when he was at Wigan but that’s experience as well I suppose
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Get in there
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

We should never have let him leave and that is not speaking from hindsight.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:03 am We should never have let him leave and that is not speaking from hindsight.
Is this another sign of deep seated problems at Wigan?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:03 am We should never have let him leave and that is not speaking from hindsight.
He left not long after he signed a new four year deal! And the leg break!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
S_Riley

Post by S_Riley »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:06 am
Yes, another player who didn’t honour his contract. IIRC I don’t think he even played for Wigan again following his leg break
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

S_Riley wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:11 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:06 am
Yes, another player who didn’t honour his contract. IIRC I don’t think he even played for Wigan again following his leg break
That's a bit of a spin on it.
Marshall took his chance and had become a very good winger, with Burgess and Marshall and manfredi still on the books, Davis was not getting a look in.

We lost Davis due to having to many quality wingers.... those are the days :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

So 'footballs coming home' but not Tom Davies.
The new Aussie winger will have to be good to be better than this fans favourite.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Shaun Wane Legend

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

Just another example of the watering down of out talent pool. When Hastings & Gildart leave we will be in a sorry state. Our rivals get stronger whilst we grow considerably weaker. It’s shameful.
What exactly qualifies Radlinski to hold the position he does? Surely there must be better qualified and more experienced people for his role?