Table after next week's games

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Table after next week's games

Post by morley pie eater »

You may have noticed that the teams immediately above and below is play each other on Thursday. We have Huddersfield away on Friday.

Given the effect of the percentage system can be a bit hard to predict, I thought I'd do a few calculations.

Here are what the percentages would be for each of the 3 teams...Win/Lose

Hull: 70.83 / 62.50
Wigan: 64.29 / 57.14
HKR: 63.64 / 54.54

So we move up to 4th only if both us and Rovers win, which would leave things very tight:

4. Wigan......64.29%
5. Hull KR....63.64%
6. Hull FC....62.50%

Fingers crossed.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Re: Table after next week's games

Post by josie andrews »

How can they give a percentage on games played when Castleford gave a game to Saints, and then Huddersfield gave a game to Castleford when those games weren’t actually played?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:09 pm How can they give a percentage on games played when Castleford gave a game to Saints, and then Huddersfield gave a game to Castleford when those games weren’t actually played?
Well, indeed, And as I pointed out earlier, even worse if it comes down to points difference, with teams being gifted 24 points.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:09 pm How can they give a percentage on games played when Castleford gave a game to Saints, and then Huddersfield gave a game to Castleford when those games weren’t actually played?
Because of this to me at least the whole competition has been compromised,if games don’t go ahead they should have been voided not the 24-0 award,as it stands to me at least the super league is in danger of becoming a farce
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

And coincidentally, both teams that have been awarded wins are in the Challenge Cup final on Saturday!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:15 am And coincidentally, both teams that have been awarded wins are in the Challenge Cup final on Saturday!
And then we had the Castleford fiasco yesterday.! The RFL needs to sort itself out.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If the RFL do punish Cas for not fielding their strongest team then it should be points deduction rather than a fine of, say, £15000.
Clubs are not bothered about monetary fines but if the RFL deducted league points then that would bring a different attitude altogether.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

What difference do points make when it is down to win %?

Should be asking why Salford got fined £15K (half suspended) for calling a game off yet two other teams simply had the matches voided and given as 24 nill victories to their opponents. Why NOW talk of deducting point when previous punishments have not been meted out to other teams doing the same already?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: