Hastings banned

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Hastings banned

Post by morley pie eater »

Not having a go at you Dave, but it reads to me that the video review, or possibly an allegation by the opposition, threw up the possibility of head-butts.

As the verdict was, in effect, "no case to answer", I really don't see anything to get steamed up about?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Suzieb wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:57 am Don't talk stupid jones milked it and it worked,watch the game will you.
What I'm saying is that there is a reason for that rule, and IMO its a good reason.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

First Try Tickle wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:12 pm Surely he has to play Hanley there, Marshall had a stinker at Wakey.

I though Hanley looked good on Sunday, good kick returns and looked like breaking the line a couple of times.
Marshall looked like he *really* didn't want to jump for anything on Sunday. That's not going to be good if he's full back.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:20 pm Not having a go at you Dave, but it reads to me that the video review, or possibly an allegation by the opposition, threw up the possibility of head-butts.

As the verdict was, in effect, "no case to answer", I really don't see anything to get steamed up about?
I thought if there was allegation from the opposition about foul play they had to cite the player which was, I thought, a pretty rare event and only tended to be done for serious foul play?

If that now isn't the case and teams are now routinely mentioning several incidents per game (given in this example Hastings was up for three other incidents bedsides the one he was banned for, an elbow and the two head butts) what is the game coming to?

Given none of these incidents were put on report by the ref who decided they needed looking at? If it was someone in the RFL they need to do a better job but if it was Huddersfield I am very surprised and they should be fined for making frivolous allegations!

As to the incident he was banned for I can see why it's a ban as moving an injured player is potentially dangerous but I am sure Hasting's frustration was born out of knowing there player was gaming it which is occurring far too often these days.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I thought when he tried to pull the player up he may have to put an appearance in before the beak,it’s a stupid thing to do so no issue for it from me..head butts it beggars belief really
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Why can we not sign a couple of players like Huddersfield did whilst we are a bit short for friday
MadMaxWarrior

Post by MadMaxWarrior »

The laughable thing about this ban if it's the incident I remember it was on Josh Jones. Hastings tried to pick him up off the ground because he was rolling round like he had been shot and he hadnt even touched him.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Did any of the Huddersfield players get a caution for feigning injuries/gamesmanship/Oscar nomination…?!?
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Mike wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:58 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:12 pm Surely he has to play Hanley there, Marshall had a stinker at Wakey.

I though Hanley looked good on Sunday, good kick returns and looked like breaking the line a couple of times.
Marshall looked like he *really* didn't want to jump for anything on Sunday. That's not going to be good if he's full back.
Bit of a left field suggestion but could Harry Smith deputise at full back for the week? Recon he can read the game well and could be another Sam Tomkins in the making!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Gerrumonside wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:24 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:58 pm

Bit of a left field suggestion but could Harry Smith deputise at full back for the week? Recon he can read the game well and could be another Sam Tomkins in the making!
But Hanley is a FB
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.