Signings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Signings

Post by fozzieskem »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:15 pm Well, everyone, including me, has been wanting us to sign two props and now, according to the MEN, they've been signed. We now seem quite well stocked in the prop dept. I wonder if either or both could be brought over this year?

Who's the MEN scribe now? Years ago it was Neil Barker is he still with the paper or free lance?
Matt Shaw and a few others are the writers Ted for the MEN is pretty accurate nowadays for RL
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:15 pm Well, everyone, including me, has been wanting us to sign two props and now, according to the MEN, they've been signed. We now seem quite well stocked in the prop dept. I wonder if either or both could be brought over this year?

Who's the MEN scribe now? Years ago it was Neil Barker is he still with the paper or free lance?
Not sure whether he’s retired or not Ted.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Just wish the club had announced it rather than another source why is everything so secret the club could have got a slap on the back from the fans and got a few brownie points
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:12 pm Just wish the club had announced it rather than another source why is everything so secret the club could have got a slap on the back from the fans and got a few brownie points
Spot on Derrick. Other clubs would be falling over themselves to announce those deals.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

How do we know the contracts are signed?

Maybe that’s why it hasn’t been announced.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Post by moto748 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:42 pm How do we know the contracts are signed?

Maybe that’s why it hasn’t been announced.
Well, yeah, you'd think.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:15 pm
jobo wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:01 pm
Graham1 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:34 pm Rumour in oz Wigan signed 2 props. Kaide Ellis and Patrick Mayo for 2022
Pretty average imo.

If there is promotion and relegation next year, I think we should be worried.
Wigan fans, we need to sign NRL props even their second teir players are better than ours.

Also wigan fans... no not them ones they suck.
Bloody unbelievable isn,t it ? Impossible to please some on this site<
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

The announcement says that they HAVE SIGNED a 3 year contract :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HDS

Post by HDS »

We are adding some much needed size to our Front Row, they are coming at the right time age wise.

No disrespect to Tony Clubb but he is 34 and has been through a lot physically; they must be a step in the

right direction. Joe Bullock looks like he will be leaving at the end of the season also. They are used to the

NRL so are used to higher standard opposition. If they have signed 3 year contracts they must be determined

to make a success of it. Hopefully they will fit the bill.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

No point. We are out of the cup and this season is already a farce with teams being awarded 24-0 victories Despite next weeks relaxation of restrictions, or rather more likely probably because of it, I think we will see a lot more disruption this season. May as well start afresh with an off season behind them here with hopefully a new coach. With Lam as coach they would probably go home at the end of this season and not come back :lol: