DV set up for life or a set-up?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

DV set up for life or a set-up?

Post by ian.birchall »

I give you that he had a reasonable good first half with his try and that double assist for Tomkins' (Wigans MOTM? try but even this confirmed leader of the anti-DV band (Me and Robjoenz at the last count) was surprised to learn that it was his first try since the home win over Leigh in March!
No wonder Parramatta were keen to let him go, where is Vaelaekis girl when I need her to take him home?.
Yes a good first half but then again he disappeared in the second half until that late knock on, I would have thought that if he was ever going to get fully fit after that achilles injury last year in Oz it would have been by now and he is here for another two years, it must be his legs that attracted Maurice!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
WiganWarrior

Re: DV set up for life or a se...

Post by WiganWarrior »

I think if he can stay fit next season, and we a good winger outside him all the time, he will perform well for us.

Its still worrying for our centre situation as he will be first choice
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
DaveO

Re: DV set up for life or ...

Post by DaveO »

He hasn't had a good season has he? Mind you who has? Two players IMO, Tickle and Dallas.

DV put Dallas in for a few early on in the season and I also thought as the season wore on he would get his pace back but he has not.

Next season our centres will be Richards and him. I keep saying we need another centre and my logic is that Richards is not a centre! However I am starting to think we will need one to cover for DV unless he comes back much fitter.

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

He really needs to get fit and step up several gears next year, if he doesnt I can see him being offloaded.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

ChrisA posted:
He really needs to get fit and step up several gears next year, if he doesnt I can see him being offloaded.
Thats twice we have agreed on something, I went to lie down in a darkened room last night, it must be your turn today, now its raining at the Oval, can we please have 2 days of rain now, a lifetime watching RL has made me never trust an Australian team, time and time again when they are dead and buried they get up off the floor and do us in the last minute, at 185 for 1 I can see them doing it again if we do not get rain, which after all would only be fair after they were saved at Manchester by the natch losing most of the Saturday through rain
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Thats why the Aussies are the world champions in most sports including cricket and rugby league. I for one am praying for the rain to stop at the oval so the fantastic aussies can keep hold of the trophy which is rightfully theres. Saved by rain at Manchester don't make me laugh. If the umpires got their heads out of the english backsides then the aussies would be winning by now. Does the 2nd test ring any bells
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

hayley 04 posted:
Thats why the Aussies are the world champions in most sports including cricket and rugby league. I for one am praying for the rain to stop at the oval so the fantastic aussies can keep hold of the trophy which is rightfully theres. Saved by rain at Manchester don't make me laugh. If the umpires got their heads out of the english backsides then the aussies would be winning by now. Does the 2nd test ring any bells
No they're not the champs at most sports.

They have a superb swimming team - no argueents there and they are the best at Aussie Rules as no-one else plays it!

They lost the RU World Cup final to England and have just lost out to NZ in their round robin comp that includes South Afrca.

So that puts RU to sleep.

Their soccer team is nowhere in the rankings and won't get a mention amongst serious pundits if they ever qualify for the World Cup.

They have no boxers that spring to mind and they have only produced one athlete of any note in a genereation - and she promptly quit after the Sydney Olympics.

At best their cricket team can only draw against us in a series that we have dominated.(The rain definately saved he Ashes for them at Old Trafford)

The RL team are regarded as th best and will start the Tri-Nations as clear favourites - just like the cricket team. However if they some how manage to lose this series to either us or NZ they will not be regarded as world champs.

All to play for now in the Tri-Nations.
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Think what you like but still the aussies are world champions in more sports than this country and secondly the cricket team have beaten every test nation playing cricket so even if they draw with the pathetic english they are still unbeaten. The rain may have come at old trafford but if it wasn't for the dodgy umpires then Aus would have been 2-0 up after two tests. Getting back to the rugby Britain don't stand a chance. NZ are better than britain
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

hayley 04 posted:
Think what you like but still the aussies are world champions in more sports than this country
Prove it.
and secondly the cricket team have beaten every test nation playing cricket so even if they draw with the pathetic english they are still unbeaten.
Err..I think you will find England have also beaten every test nation playing cricket as well over recent seasons bar Australia and that will hopefully be rectified soon.

And what is this pathetic English remark? What nationality are you?
The rain may have come at old trafford but if it wasn't for the dodgy umpires then Aus would have been 2-0 up after two tests.
They have had the luck today with dodgy umpires in no half measures.
Getting back to the rugby Britain don't stand a chance. NZ are better than britain
So are you a Kiwi or an Aussie?

Dave
warriors

Post by warriors »

Im not thst kenn on DV. He doesnt really do that much. I hope that we get some 1 to cover hom hen we csn drop kick him back to aussie.