DV set up for life or a set-up?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: DV set up for life or ...

Post by ian.birchall »

warriors posted:
Im not thst kenn on DV. He doesnt really do that much. I hope that we get some 1 to cover hom hen we csn drop kick him back to aussie.
Eh?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

hayley 04 posted:
Thats why the Aussies are the world champions in most sports including cricket and rugby league. I for one am praying for the rain to stop at the oval so the fantastic aussies can keep hold of the trophy which is rightfully theres. Saved by rain at Manchester don't make me laugh. If the umpires got their heads out of the english backsides then the aussies would be winning by now. Does the 2nd test ring any bells
How is it rightfully theirs? And how do umpires cheat? Since I didn't read anyone elses reply I don't know if anyones said this but Aussies are only good at the sports they either invent or decide to play (like USA)

Edit: Confusion in sports recently is obviously a re-occuring matter for me!! I was shouting for Craig Smith instead of Guisset on Fri night and then said "He's thrown that out" when it was Wigan that had the ball...Ah bless! Blaming it on 3 hours sleep :D
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

ian.birchall posted:
warriors posted:
Im not thst kenn on DV. He doesnt really do that much. I hope that we get some 1 to cover hom hen we csn drop kick him back to aussie.
Eh?
Smile and nod. Translates to I'm not that keen on DV. He doesn't really do that much. I hope that we get someone to cover for him so we can drop kick him back to Australia. (or summat along those lines)
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i know stats can lie but our results are much better with DV in the team than out of it.hayley are you havivg an identity crisis or are you from oz :D
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

I am an Aussie fan as surely that has been proved. And I stand by my remarks about the luck the english cricketers have had. By the way when I said the aussie cricketers have beaten every test nation that includes home and away. If england have beaten everybody home and away then they would be world number 1 which obviously there not. Even if aus lose this series they are still the best in the world. Regarding rugby league it's been a long time since britain beat Aus in a test series and will be a long time till they do. I am not patriotic towards this country. The only great thing to come out of it is Wigan.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

AS Ian pointed out in the initial post I'm not a Vaealiki fan. I've heard so many people say how promising he was 2 or 3 years ago but I can't comment as I didn't see him then, all I have to go on is how he's played this season.

I can accept when players have bad games and I can accept that we will get beaten from time to time but as long as the players play their best then I can't complain. Based on this I have good reason to complain about Vaealiki.

We have seen some good strong running from him, but they've been very few and far between. You see our other 3/4s running the ball, looking for work, you only see this from Vaealiki when one of our players happens to get tackled in front of him. His positioning has got better over the course of the season but he still makes his move far too early leaving a gap or making it easy for them to sidestep.

His overall movement is so lethargic, he runs with no urgency, his head is down half the time. You can see that sometimes he can be good going forward, his defence has a long way to improve, maybe he'll come good but he needs to get his finger out and get his fitness on a par with the rest of the team!
warriors

Post by warriors »

MrsLam posted:
ian.birchall posted:
warriors posted:
Eh?
Smile and nod. Translates to I'm not that keen on DV. He doesn't really do that much. I hope that we get someone to cover for him so we can drop kick him back to Australia. (or summat along those lines)
Thanks Mrs Lam. Your are my ?transerlater? when i am drunk and typing on the net.

When i put a ? at the start and end of a word that means that i dont no how to spell it.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

hayley 04 posted:
I am an Aussie fan as surely that has been proved.
That doesn't really answer the question. There are plenty of Wigan fans not born in Wigan.

So I suppose it is possible for someone to be an Aussie fan despite not being Australian!

So which is it? Are you hust a fan of the Aussies or are you Australian?

Dave
Vaealikis Girl

Re: DV set up for life or a se...

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

[quote]ian.birchall posted:
No wonder Parramatta were keen to let him go, where is Vaelaekis girl when I need her to take him home?.
[\quote]

I'm right here. Went missing in action for a while for a number of reasons but i'm back and still more than willing to bring Dave back home. Just tell him to give the word and i'll personally fly over and collect him. :lol: Did you get the Eels v Manly final over there? Just wondering if he would've seen our friendly greeting of his good old mate Terry Hill.

Anyway i'm not going to repeat what i've said a million times cos you've all heard it before. I will say one thing though, Parra were definitely not 'keen' to get rid of him. Far from it. There's a lot to his leaving that most people don't even come close to knowing about.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
superleague

Post by superleague »

ye hes crap they just dont know it yet.