new players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

new players

Post by waterside glens »

bringing in players at this time of the year to play in the play offs is a joke and the sooner this is made to be against the rules the better.what do you all think surely no one is in favour
100% Warrior

Re: new players

Post by 100% Warrior »

I'm in agreement with your views, especially with signings coming over from the NRL for a few "guest" appearances.

If the teams signing had played in Super League for the whole season I'm not too annoyed, I'm sure a few seasons ago Leeds signed Senior from Sheffield just as the play offs started.

But what does upset me are players from the NRL coming to Super League after their commitments end to take part in the play offs and they take a players place in the team who has been playing in Super League for the whole of the season.

Surely this must have a detrimental effect on the unlucky players morale.
lou-lou

Post by lou-lou »

waterside glens posted:
bringing in players at this time of the year to play in the play offs is a joke and the sooner this is made to be against the rules the better.what do you all think surely no one is in favour

not in favour at all its an unfair advantage
"Kids and grown ups love it so - the Happy world of Harribo"
Mr Earls 13-09-05
sedbergh

Post by sedbergh »

I agree totally and I expect that this loophole will be closed shortly. Even Brian Noble admitted it was a loophole and he doubted wheter clubs could get away with it for much longer. I'm looking forward to seeing Andrew Johns play tonight all the same. It remains to be seen how well he will do but if you recruited Michael Schumacher to drive for you and you gave him a beat up Lada, then for all his brilliance he won't win the race!!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

sedbergh posted:
I agree totally and I expect that this loophole will be closed shortly. Even Brian Noble admitted it was a loophole and he doubted wheter clubs could get away with it for much longer. I'm looking forward to seeing Andrew Johns play tonight all the same. It remains to be seen how well he will do but if you recruited Michael Schumacher to drive for you and you gave him a beat up Lada, then for all his brilliance he won't win the race!!
No but the Lada would go faster than ever! :)
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

ive said it before and ill say it again..
BRING IN FIELDEN AND PRATT
Danny Tickle's No1 Fan!!!

Post by Danny Tickle's No1 Fan!!! »

I went 2 the warry & leeds game in the leeds end in my wigan shirt:D Didnt want Leeds win wiv all stick we got,Even some of our players were there watchin it! Was good 2 see a great player like andrew johns he was brill :lol:
Wigan Till i Die..That'll Ding Dang Do 4 me!!
NOBBY'S NUTS 4 WIGAN!!

willie c

Post by willie c »

i watched on sky didnt think one player would make that much differance but wire looked like a totally different side with johns running the show
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

jolleymax posted:
i know it will be stopped next season but if wigan had led the way in signing him would we still be moaning about the loophole in the rules.
the answer to that is no, (apart from some people on here who argue about everything )
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jolleymax posted:
He made sinfield look like an ammature, for all the hype about warrington signing him, i say well done and what a master stroke by the club. i know it will be stopped next season but if wigan had led the way in signing him would we still be moaning about the loophole in the rules.
Wood did the same to Sinfield too!

I don't think many people were complaining at Warrington making this move, it's when everyone follows suit which the majority of people don't like (I think).