Discussions on the future of rugby league held between RFL, Super League and clubs

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Discussions on the future of rugby league held between RFL, Super League and clubs

Post by Mike »

RL has a moaning problem?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Discussions on the future of rugby league held between RFL, Super League and clubs

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

moto748 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:31 pm For better or worse, if you have a play-off system (as both RU and the NRL have, let's not forget), I don't think there's any going back to to a league-leader takes all set-up. It's just too much of a money-spinner. And yet somehow, it's only in SL that we hear all these complaints about fixtures not mattering. So why is that?
Since the grandfinal started 4 teams have won it here and 1 of those teams hasnt even existed in the top division for 6 years

Since 1998 12 different NRL teams have claimed the prize

They have stronger teams throughout the league so there is actually jeopardy in reaching the playoffs the issue is here ever since leeds won it from 5th in the league the big teams clocked on that they didnt actually need to try as much during the season and thats when we started with all these "injuries" thats last weeks and weeks on end because the big teams just aim to keep their powder dry building to the grandfinal

For me the league would mean at least the big teams would have to earn it
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Mike wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:16 pm RL has a moaning problem?
How can that be said without sounding ironic?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The booze hound wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:54 pm
The ironic thing being that this time I'm not trying to be ironic?

RL seems to be a set of people looking for problems and not solutions to me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Mike wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:17 pm
The booze hound wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:54 pm
The ironic thing being that this time I'm not trying to be ironic?

RL seems to be a set of people looking for problems and not solutions to me.
is that not because we see our great game being destroyed with bad game rules and terrible future decisions?it is a shame tbh
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wigan_forever1985>

I was talking about about how I think it is, not how I would like it to be.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really don't think that rule changes, which in most cases have been fairly minor, don't impact the game that much as people seem to make out. I would agree that there are legitimate questions to be asked about the six-again rule, but I think most fans broadly support the idea. But the idea of people thinking they don't want to watch rugby league any more because of a change to the strip rule (which might typically happen once per game, if that), really? Give your heads a wobble!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:00 am And I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really don't think that rule changes, which in most cases have been fairly minor, don't impact the game that much as people seem to make out. I would agree that there are legitimate questions to be asked about the six-again rule, but I think most fans broadly support the idea. But the idea of people thinking they don't want to watch rugby league any more because of a change to the strip rule (which might typically happen once per game, if that), really? Give your heads a wobble!
the worst part about our game is that, although the nrl has always been better, our game was always better to watch…… unfortunately i cant say that in the lsdt 5-10 years……. It also seems to be getting worse…… it wont stop me watching, but ide like us to make rule changes to allow flow in our game and not follow suite as we always do( concerning nrl)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, that strikes a chord with me too. Some years back, when I first started watching the NRL, you could have made a plausible case that yeah, it might be objectively better, but it was dull and over-defensive, and SL was more exciting. But you can't say that any more. Everybody always says that defence is key (boringly so, in fact), but that's kinda stating the obvious. When top team comes up against top team, it's going to be the side with the best attack that wins. Which is how it should be, of course.