Don't throw your season tickets away

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Don't throw your season tickets away

Post by DaveO »

I logged onto the Wigan club web site today to renew the season tickets and found a message that said you will not be issued with a new ticket for next season if you renew but the existing card will be re-activated.

If you have chucked them in the bin expecting a new bit of plastic for next season go and dig them out.

Dave
sedbergh

Re: Don't throw your season ti...

Post by sedbergh »

Thanks for that, they almost went in the bin last night, but I decided to keep them as I thought I'd need the client code to re-new. Glad I kept them now.
wiganrldeanh

Re: Don't throw your season ti...

Post by wiganrldeanh »

is it not different in the south? can you not just get a new one instead of renewing? its not exactly we are going to lose our seat!
DaveO

Re: Don't throw your seaso...

Post by DaveO »

wiganrldeanh posted:
is it not different in the south? can you not just get a new one instead of renewing? its not exactly we are going to lose our seat!
I wouldn't know. If you log on to renew online I assume it will say the same thing.

This is the exact text from the on-line form:

Renew your season ticket for SUPER LEAGUE XI here:

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL RENEWING SEASON TICKETS WITH NO PERSONAL OR SEAT CHANGES - LAST SEASON'S CARD WILL BE REACTIVATED. NO NEW CARD WILL NEED TO BE ISSUED.

Now you may not have a seat but you have a name, so unless it changes between now and next season they may want you to keep your ticket.

I don't know if this idea of keeping your ticket only applies to on-line renewals but but better safe than sorry.

Dave
warriors

Post by warriors »

hello dean, i want a new card coz me looks like a very dirty card. I think that we should get a new card, with the amount of money that we have paid. the reason y they are saying keep your card, is so they want need to make much more then they will save money. O and it was a good game we played......well they play. I dont want to be on the wing coz it is boring and lonley. YOU DONT really do that much i think that i should be a second row or sumat coz of the saize of me. i hate that i can run fast, I WIL TRY AND GET SLOWER, so then they will put me some where else.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

wiganrldeanh posted:

You probably can but the renewal price is cheeper so you may need it for that?
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

warriors posted:
hello dean, i want a new card coz me looks like a very dirty card. I think that we should get a new card, with the amount of money that we have paid. the reason y they are saying keep your card, is so they want need to make much more then they will save money. O and it was a good game we played......well they play. I dont want to be on the wing coz it is boring and lonley. YOU DONT really do that much i think that i should be a second row or sumat coz of the saize of me. i hate that i can run fast, I WIL TRY AND GET SLOWER, so then they will put me some where else.

Anyyyyyyyyywayyy...

Sounds like a good idea to me, save the club a bit of money and means my pile of strange coloured cards doesn't get any higher, seriously running out of room. Although, I'm sure this card has brought me bad luck this season. After every match I put it back in the same place but when I come to find it the next week it's never there and I have a frantic pre-game search for all our season tickets. Hmmm :conf:
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

warriors posted:
hello dean, i want a new card coz me looks like a very dirty card.
If you want a new card I think it will cost you an extra £5.

Dave
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

DaveO posted:
warriors posted:

Dave
i hope not, is this one of the ways of making more money because they froze the prices?
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

wiganrldeanh posted:
DaveO posted:
warriors posted:

Dave
i hope not, is this one of the ways of making more money because they froze the prices?
No. You don't need to get a new card you can renew the one you have, that's not going to cost you any more and they have told us before the season has ended so the fans have a chance of still having the old card and therefore pay no more than you have to.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!