Squad v Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Squad v Salford

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:26 am
bertina wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:55 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:03 pm

We need to stop blaming the pack, we have managed with a weak pack for years snd it didn't stop players being great and getting nrl gigs from it.

It's coaching!
Don’t talk bloody daft Caboose.
Our pack has been struggling to get any go forward all season. Lam ca only play the forwards he has.
Like bashing the kids when there are seasoned props available Bullock and Singleton were our starting props last season they dont get game time Clarke looked good at times and he does not get picked 10 minute Tony seems to get more time than them. Bullock was our best forward against Salford Lam took him and put Havard on no wonder Bullock is leaving he will do well for Warrington .The kids are going to burned out when they should have been rotated.
Been saying this for the last 3 seasons! Even said it to the young lads parents several times!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:20 am
pedro wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:54 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:45 pm Traboevic( prob spelt wrong) is the best nrl fullback by a country mile…… hes a freak
except Tedesco
they are both brilliant but tom is better
no, no he isnt
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

My view of the Salford game is as follows. We improved significantly when we brought on Bateman, Hardacre & Bullock. Bateman was somewhere close to his real self, Hardacre brought some aggression to the attack, and Bullock was the best middle by a mile.
Why we insist on Clubb, Byrne, & Havard ahead of Bullock is a mystery to me, as has just been pointed out Singleton & Bullock were last seasons starters but now Bullock sometimes struggles to even make it on to the naughty step. Singleton, Bullock and Clark for me, they are the most aggressive ball carriers. Bullock in particular is really unloved, who has he upset? of all the players leaving I really up he prospers after his shabby treatment at Wigan.
If Hardacre goes added to Hastings departure it will be a disaster, we will probably be bracketed with Leigh, Salford & Wakefield for the wooden spoon next season.
Roll on next season, there is lots to look forward to! but I will be there come what may. Wigan till I die.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Not sure if it belongs here but sad to hear that Lee Mossop has had to retire with immediate effect on medical grounds.
Always liked him as a Wigan player and Mrs SS always fancied him rotten!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Southern Softy wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:58 pm Not sure if it belongs here but sad to hear that Lee Mossop has had to retire with immediate effect on medical grounds.
Always liked him as a Wigan player and Mrs SS always fancied him rotten!
There’s a thread in the General Forum 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

As far as Bullock is concerned, we seem to be replacing him and Clubb with 2 good overseas players, so I am not losing too much sleep over his loss just yet. I had not heard Hardaker was leaving, but that would be a surprise. Of course, if French returns and is fit, he is a very good at 1, and maybe Field may be a good player. I am enjoying watching us this year, as players like Halsall, KPP and Shorrocks seem to me to have great potential.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I just watched the game back, and Jeez, it's not a pretty watch. Far too many poor decisions and awful last-tackle options. Up against a more determined defence than Leigh (not hard), we struggled to threaten their line.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I was surprised Joe and Bilko hadn't heard of Hingano. I remember when he was at the Warriors, he was going to be the next big thing. A bit like Jai Field at the Dragons, actually! :P
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:16 pm I just watched the game back, and Jeez, it's not a pretty watch. Far too many poor decisions and awful last-tackle options. Up against a more determined defence than Leigh (not hard), we struggled to threaten their line.
Been the story of our season.
A better coach would of sorted this
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

bertina wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:55 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:03 pm
Graham1 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:41 pm Because Hastings has been playing behind a pack which has no go forward and forwards playing as backs. Throw in a coach who seems to have little idea of how a team should attack, and it’s not hard to understand why we have stood still. West Tigers are going to get a great player. We are going to be in big trouble without him next year unless Field and Smith click.
We need to stop blaming the pack, we have managed with a weak pack for years snd it didn't stop players being great and getting nrl gigs from it.

It's coaching!
Don’t talk bloody daft Caboose.
Our pack has been struggling to get any go forward all season. Lam ca only play the forwards he has.
Do I think we need to improve our pack yes but for atleast 5-6 years we have heard the same and still managed so if we have managed previously then why not now.

Coaching.

Don't confuse me saying we need to stop blaming the pack with being happy with the pack.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.