Squad v Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: Squad v Salford

Post by ddtftf »

Anyone know what the crowd attendance was ???
doc

Post by doc »

9200 (ish)
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I know tedesco is a bit chunkier( which can be done with field)…,, we can always play to his strengths…… same thing with hanley but im sure in the off season we will address this…… tedesco is playing in a much harder league and punching above his weight was my meaning…… josie you sounded like a young girl with a crush thr way you explained him 😭😭…… he could be ur new lockers ir french if we sign him
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:05 am After last night I do hope Zac stays at least until the end of the season.
When he came on at full back with Jacko into the halves it transformed the whole team.
The first half was abysmal yet they looked a different team in the 2nd half.

As for Hastings, how we replace him I've no idea. His wholehearted performances each game with his level of skill will be very difficult to replace.
On the radio going home 15 mins after the match the commentators was saying that Hastings was still having photos with the fans in fact they said he gave his shirt and shorts to fans.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’m not sure what I expected with Field but he will have issues at fullback,just as French does unless he bulks up a tad.

As for James Tedesco in stature,more like Lewis Tierney to be honest
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

jaws1 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:59 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:05 am After last night I do hope Zac stays at least until the end of the season.
When he came on at full back with Jacko into the halves it transformed the whole team.
The first half was abysmal yet they looked a different team in the 2nd half.

As for Hastings, how we replace him I've no idea. His wholehearted performances each game with his level of skill will be very difficult to replace.
On the radio going home 15 mins after the match the commentators was saying that Hastings was still having photos with the fans in fact they said he gave his shirt and shorts to fans.
I think he’d been over to the Salford fans as well,the lad is solid gold in all ways both on and off the pitch quite how Wigan have stood still with him in the side will be one for the ages I think
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Because Hastings has been playing behind a pack which has no go forward and forwards playing as backs. Throw in a coach who seems to have little idea of how a team should attack, and it’s not hard to understand why we have stood still. West Tigers are going to get a great player. We are going to be in big trouble without him next year unless Field and Smith click.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Graham1 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:41 pm Because Hastings has been playing behind a pack which has no go forward and forwards playing as backs. Throw in a coach who seems to have little idea of how a team should attack, and it’s not hard to understand why we have stood still. West Tigers are going to get a great player. We are going to be in big trouble without him next year unless Field and Smith click.
We need to stop blaming the pack, we have managed with a weak pack for years snd it didn't stop players being great and getting nrl gigs from it.

It's coaching!
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:10 pm I’m not sure what I expected with Field but he will have issues at fullback,just as French does unless he bulks up a tad.

As for James Tedesco in stature,more like Lewis Tierney to be honest
Nothing like Tierney! He’s similar to Zak
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

doc wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:00 pm9200 (ish)
Ha ha. He’s one of my favourite NRL players atm him & Boyd Cordiner 😊

No one can replace Lockers but French is quite acceptable 😘
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan