Squad v Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Squad v Salford

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:08 pm Gildart is still carrying a knock
Waste of space. His injury record last few years has been dire.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I think Gildarts sole focus is on keeping injury free for wests next season pulled out of every squad we’re he’s had a slight problem
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Is Hastings or Field at fullback?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Poor game again lacking in basic skills
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

BBC have French playing at stand off, FFS :evil:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

The second half tonight showed why Hastings has to be in the halves and not at fullback.

Field looks way to light at the moment, he was a turn style in defence.

Game of two halves got more interesting in the last 30.

Isa for me deserve a mention was a machine in both defence and attack.

Can we get budgy back he looks.and moves like pre NRL budgie and imagine if he was somewhere other than Salford he would have caused alot more issues.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:46 pm The second half tonight showed why Hastings has to be in the halves and not at fullback.

Field looks way to light at the moment, he was a turn style in defence.

Game of two halves got more interesting in the last 30.

Isa for me deserve a mention was a machine in both defence and attack.

Can we get budgy back he looks.and moves like pre NRL budgie and imagine if he was somewhere other than Salford he would have caused alot more issues.
Can we stop bringing former players back
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The second half proved Zac has to be full back and Hastings in the halves.
How they bring Field up to match fitness remains to be seen. Perhaps instead of him playing the first 40 he plays the second half at some point.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Not a pretty match to watch but got there in the end,Wigan do need for my tuppence worth,to learn the value of taking the 2 when the opportunity presents itself,it gave them little bits of confidence to push on.

Field is a long way from being match fit so I won’t comment any further on him just yet

Good to see Zak back and Jackson back in the halves,Wigan surely must be on the lookout for his replacement because if not it’s going to be a rude awakening next season I fear.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Nice to see Field get some game time but he's clearly got a long way to go before we know what he's fully capable of. I was pleased to see Lammy give him time at the position I think he'll be expected to play next season. It'll be tricky getting him the required game time against the tougher teams because tonight we were far better with Zak at fullback and Hasings at 6. As 'fozzie' says we'll be lost without Hastings next year if something doesn't change. He did so much for the team tonight both with his individual contributions to attack and defence plus his motivational and organisational skills. I was a big George Williams fan but I don't ever remember him contributing so much to the team as Hastings did tonight.